Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

I've always thought Clark should have had a spell out on loan in the Championship. A bit too late now, but I think the experience would have helped his development much more. It certainly helped Baker working his way up from Lincoln to the likes of Millwall.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in a relegation fight. 

Without wishing to make this the Ridgewell thread. Our situation has no bearing on Ridgewell's quality, the two are unconnected. It's also not much of an argument for Clark if you think about it. 

Ridgewell has settled down well in a top half of the Premier League side.

He's even won a cup. Nice career.

Well I'll clarify 'shit', championship or below average premiership standard. When I've watched WBA I've picked him out as an area they could improve. We need to improve on Clark, but I wouldn't go out and buy Ridgewell, we need better players to move the club forwards. 

Clark is improving and will be a better player every new week, on average.

Don't want the club to waste £7m on a fancy-named CB who'll go down with a dodgy knee injury in his second season.

Does anyone ever read the tweets of the mirror journalist James 'wild stab in the dark' Nursey? Said that Clark would be fit for Saturday. Seems every claim/bit of inside info he makes/has seems to be wrong.

How do these people survive in journalism?

Does anyone ever read the tweets of the mirror journalist James 'wild stab in the dark' Nursey? Said that Clark would be fit for Saturday. Seems every claim/bit of inside info he makes/has seems to be wrong.

How do these people survive in journalism?

Because people like you read their tweets :P

• 2 weeks later...

He's back. Good.

haha troll!

I like Clark and thinks he gets a bit unfairly treated here. Hes made some stupid cock ups but hes made a huge amount of intercepts and clearances to.

I think he doesnt get the praise he deserves when he does something decent and gets destroyed when he does something bad. Sort of the opposite to Baker.

He's back. Good.

haha troll!

I like Clark and thinks he gets a bit unfairly treated here. Hes made some stupid cock ups but hes made a huge amount of intercepts and clearances to.

I think he doesnt get the praise he deserves when he does something decent and gets destroyed when he does something bad. Sort of the opposite to Baker.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree

I think there is still a lot of good will for Clark. He has been pretty bad though, and I don't think he has an excuse to still be making the mistakes he does. He still gets the basics of defending wrong and it's cost us a lot. Baker makes mistakes but seems to be improving and I'm inclined to stick with the hot prospect. His form is generally better too. 

clark has shown no progression if anything hes gone backwards. his distrbution is terrible. 9 times out of 10 the ball ends up back with the other team. baker looks like he can make it but for me clark doesnt.

Baker is a stronger lad but Clark is a better footballer. I'm not into criticising too harshly players that have come through the academy. 23 is still very young for a central defender.

Edited by PaulC

o

clark has shown no progression if anything hes gone backwards. his distrbution is terrible. 9 times out of 10 the ball ends up back with the other team. baker looks like he can make it but for me clark doesnt.

Passing accuracy better than Baker's.

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/24

still a worse defenfer than baker. i never claimed baker had better distribution than clark

How many defensive cockups has Clark done as compared to Baker?

Baker has had a few bad ones himself, only seem to get half the stick though.

clark has more experience than baker. this is bakers first year getting a decent run and he has definitely improved.

Â