Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah would be handy if they could play in each others positions..

Yes, certainly. They're both versatile players and with this season being one of re-building and experimenting and they're young fringe players coming in for experience, I can see it happening.

At least Lambert understands that he's a centre half and not a midfielder unlike the one who shall not be mentioned.

Brilliant talent and capable of playing at the very highest level if he fulfills his potential.

At least Lambert understands that he's a centre half and not a midfielder unlike the one who shall not be mentioned.

Brilliant talent and capable of playing at the very highest level if he fulfills his potential.

I actually thought he was better in midfield than defence last season.

I just hope he stays injury free - and then we can really judge him. This time last year I thought him the youngster most likley to come of age. It didn't quite happen - there can be no more excuses. I think its time we were more ruthless with our younger players - some of our 23 year olds are still being talked of as potential - which has to stop

• 5 weeks later...
Just seen the goal for the first time... Could anyone just confirm whether Clark was forward from a set piece and just stayed up or whether he just joined in the attack?
He stayed up. Corner only got half cleared by Newcastle.

I never really fancied him ..as a player of course( for those looking for an angle)..... but I'm beginning to have second thoughts.

are we developing a new Allan Evans?

Ugh, he just keeps making errors that I'd have expected him to have stopped making by now. I'm not convinced and he doesn't fill me with any confidence at all, I'm afraid.

Baz the errors, may be coming from a player who's TEAM is making errors as the teams errors diminish, his might too.

I'm more optimistic about this lad, than I once was.

My issue with him is that he seems to get himself in the wrong positions all of the time and, as a consequence, is always picking up cards.

It doesn't help that he is playing alongside someone who is also making his way for the first time in the Premier League though (although I am sure Ron will be great after a short period of getting up to speed).

Its a real shame for Clark that he didn't get a season playing alongside Laursen IMO.

Ugh, he just keeps making errors that I'd have expected him to have stopped making by now. I'm not convinced and he doesn't fill me with any confidence at all, I'm afraid.

Baz the errors, may be coming from a player who's TEAM is making errors as the teams errors diminish, his might too.

No TRO, these are his unforced errors that I'm talking about. He has to play his part in the team by cutting them out, even by your logic.

No TRO, these are his unforced errors that I'm talking about. He has to play his part in the team by cutting them out, even by your logic.

I agree, with what your saying about unforced errors, but as the confidence of the team grows, his could too.

just a hunch.

Â