Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark will be an excellent CB, for me he has at least the same potential as Gary Cahill. Cahill was a little lightweight and suspect in the air at first then he hit 24ish and filled out and that was no longer an issue. Cahill also used to pick up a lot of cards. I think Baker has a lot of potential also, I think get rid of Dunne in the Summer and bring a quality replacement that is under 27 and we will be sorted for the next 5 years at centre back, so long as serious njury and the top clus poaching our talent is avoided!

Still an area of the team I'd like to see strengthened

Then we do what with Clark? The kid has talent, he's earned his spot and he's getting better on a seemingly game by game basis. Now is really not the time to consider giving up on him.

He's ready, let him take his lumps, get him in the gym and allow him the breathing room to mature. He has a very good player next to him theres no doubt about that.

Hmmm, thought last week Vlaar was immense & did most of our defending. I saw Clark getting out jumped by Luke Moore which should have led to an equaliser.

This week Vlaar wasn't as good & Clark was exposed. Poor attempted blocks for the 1st & 3rd goals & running out like he did leaving so much space for the 2nd was school boy stuff.

He's just not good enough, poor positional sense, can't ,jump, weak, slow, rash but at least he has good technique. We will lose more than win or draw with him at CB. I would love to see our win % with him at CB.

im in all support of clark, and glad hes showing potential to be a top centre back, but i think its too much of an ask to expect him to start regularly

i too cant wait to see dunne back, hes been a reliable defender past few seasons, but now injuries will set in with him, clark seems a good replacement for dunne, and baker for vlaar

but also saying that, id still like to see another experienced top money defender in like robert huth or, fellow dutchman heitinga, i reckon that would be a top partnership with vlaar (although, yes, i know it will never happen)

• 1 month later...

I kind of doubt it. But you know, I would rather be spoilt for the choice, then have the injury problem we have now in the position!

I agreed - I don't rate Lowton at CB, he hasn't done too bad though. But with lowton in the centre and Bennett suspended having to put Enda Stevens at LB was an accident waiting to happen!

Never thought I'd say this but cant wait for dunne to get fit

In our present position Richard i totally agree. Until January we must play our best team available to make sure that there's not too much of a gap between us and the mid placed teams. With Dunne's experience and Vlaar doing ok they are the best partnership available for the relegation battle ahead.

Â