Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because he's scored a few goals and chelsea paid silly money for him, he's better than cahill? ok....

errr...YES!!! :|

based on what exactly?

The fact that ive seen them both play and Luiz is a better player.

*i do rate Cahill mind.

because he's scored a few goals and chelsea paid silly money for him, he's better than cahill? ok....

errr...YES!!! :|

based on what exactly?

The fact that ive seen them both play and Luiz is a better player.

*i do rate Cahill mind.

not defensively he isn't, i'd go as far as saying he is a bit of a liability at the back

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon we won't see Clark till next season now imo.. The remaining games against Stoke/West Ham and to an extent West Brom are all too physical for him I reckon.. plus Dunne/Collins/Cuellar are ahead of him as they are all fit now.. so I think he has already played his last game for this season (unless injuries pop up to all 3 defenders).. in my opinion anyway.

I reckon we won't see Clark till next season now imo.. The remaining games against Stoke/West Ham and to an extent West Brom are all too physical for him I reckon.. plus Dunne/Collins/Cuellar are ahead of him as they are all fit now.. so I think he has already played his last game for this season (unless injuries pop up to all 3 defenders).. in my opinion anyway.

I'd stick him back in at LB and shift Luke across to RB given Walkers poor form in the last few games, particularly if he is off back to Spuds next season.

We've got to put him in against Arsenal, he scored 2 earlier this season! :lol:

We'll see him again at least twice IMO. (This season)

I'd stick him back in at LB and shift Luke across to RB given Walkers poor form in the last few games, particularly if he is off back to Spuds next season.

I said this, might be our best back 4.

I believe this may be a positve of Houllier that he does'nt like to over work the youth lads. He understands if you play them to much in the early years they will be burnt out for when we really need them. I believe this is what Arsene Wenger does much to often, they say the likes of Fabregas is showing signs already.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think Clark will be a very classy player but I don't think he's quite ready yet for a full season in the Premier League. I'd like to se him rotated though and given a good few games next season. He'll be a cracking player at centre back or left back.

Nah Clark is much better than Ridgwell and Im sure Eck will realise that.

With him being an accomplished centre half in his day i can see Clark learning a lot m him and maybe toughening up some more

clark looked a very accomplished player and depending on how much we spend could find himself an integral part of the team.

not sure that will be good for his development though!

i also think he can do a good job as a defensive midfielder.

tackles well and comfortable on the ball

Â