Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Sven the guy that got virtually the same current pile of shit playing for England now to beat the germans 5-1? Looking back he got England to the QF and was unlucky losing to Brazil, did a good job. Slighty ropey since then, but on the whole very very able and experienced.

The problem with England isn't as much the managers as the players. They believe their own hype way to much which makes amazingly inconsistent. The sooner you lot realize this, the sooner you'll find a national team that can actually give a shit about something else than appearance, the pay-check and women.

:!: this! I agree totally.

i can see Sven getting the job,if we cant get Jol i think he might be the best option for us given the situation we are in.not long until the transfer window is closed and id say out of all the managers we could get he'd bring in the most players in a short space of time..

Sven's odds are creeping back up again. I think a few people probably just bunged a load of cash on as a result of rumours, and now that they've been parted from their wallets, they'll go back up.

Why the reservations with Sven? He's a far more successful manager than MON, has had success in multiple different leagues, won the coppa Italia with three different teams etc. The only rough patch of his career was with Man City, which was a no-win situation given the shady chairman at the time. He (well, his representatives at least) has come out and said he is interested in the job, I can't see a better alternative at the moment.

i can see Sven getting the job,if we cant get Jol i think he might be the best option for us given the situation we are in.not long until the transfer window is closed and id say out of all the managers we could get he'd bring in the most players in a short space of time..
What part of "we need to reduce the wage bill" have you failed to understand? :?

I'm just preparing myself for the worse and just trying to get behind and see where we go whoever.

Even Mark HUghes who i despise i would just have to grin and bare it.

Whoever we get people are going to kick off, well apart from Jol who we wont get unfortunately.

I hope we're well on with a shortlist though.

What part of "we need to reduce the wage bill" have you failed to understand? :?
well,we could sell players couldnt we.plus no manager is going to take over this club if he cant bring in his own players.money will have to be given..

I'd like someone who plays entertaining football... We need to show NO fear against the oppositon..

We have the basis of a very decent squad without too many additions, even if we do get rid of some of the

overpaid dross.

You mean the same Sven that left Lazio ( much as i hate them ) well and truly in the shit , so much so that they were happy to release him early from his contract so he could manage England .

Lazio were corrupt as hell at the time though, not only that but if money was an issue the Lazio chairman should never have released the funds for the transfers. Lerner has made it quite clear that we won't be spending £30 million on players, he wasn't to know that the wages he sanctioned for several very good squad players (Sidwell, NRC, Davies, Young etc.) would go to waste because of MONs obsession with playing the same 11 week in week out.

well,we could sell players couldnt we.plus no manager is going to take over this club if he cant bring in his own players.money will have to be given..
If we sell the required number of highly paid players then money may be available, but to do so before August 22nd is a tough ask. I think the incoming manager will be asked to concentrate on getting the maximum out of existing players, until the wagebill is reduced to an acceptable level.

I'm still quite confident we'll get Jol tbh.

I think Randy will pay whatever the compensation figure is and in any case Ajax could well be knocked out of the champions league qualifiers in the next few weeks which might change the dynamics.

You mean the same Sven that left Lazio ( much as i hate them ) well and truly in the shit , so much so that they were happy to release him early from his contract so he could manage England .

Are you joking, isn't it?

With the 1st team of the capital (since 1900) Eriksson won seven trophies in the period 1998-2000.

So said, I would prefer some young and forward-thinking manager like, for instance, Gianfranco Zola.

I'm just preparing myself for the worse and just trying to get behind and see where we go whoever.

Even Mark HUghes who i despise i would just have to grin and bare it.

Whoever we get people are going to kick off, well apart from Jol who we wont get unfortunately.

I hope we're well on with a shortlist though.

I don't really get this Jez.

Not having a go at all but over the last couple of years your posts have suggested to me you'd be delighted for O'Neill to go.

Surely you must see a positive chance in a replacement, no? Assuming it's not some absolute clown.

Why the reservations with Sven? He's a far more successful manager than MON, has had success in multiple different leagues, won the coppa Italia with three different teams etc. The only rough patch of his career was with Man City, which was a no-win situation given the shady chairman at the time. He (well, his representatives at least) has come out and said he is interested in the job, I can't see a better alternative at the moment.

First, he is a epitome of the cheque book manager which is not the type of manager we need.

Second, he has only managed one season of club football in the last 10 years. Times have moved on since he was in is hey day.

Third, he is incredibly flakey and chops and changes his jobs with the wind.

That is why Sven is not for me.