Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need to give GH a chance really and there is always going to be opposition from fans regardless of who ever takes the managers roll.

There is talk of KMac staying on as GH's assistant/first team coach but i'm not sure if this is true. I personally would like KMac to stay with the youth team and start pushing them through the ranks.

My local pub is my favourite pub.

Yet I work at another one just down the road from it.

Was that a bad appointment by my manager?

Depends whether you went around publically slagging off the pub where you now work beforehand.

Did you?

If not, bad analogy mate. :winkold: :mrgreen:

Well ive said its expensive? does that count haha

Almost. You'd have needed to be saying, at a local and national level, that it was a bit 2nd rate, wouldn't amount to much and would never be one of the better pubs in the area. :winkold:

saying it's expensive is akin to calling it Chelsea :mrgreen:

People are yet to give a good reason why they dislike Thompson so much?

Just because he is a Liverpool fan? Do you think Alex Ferguson is a Man Utd fan? Do you think Mourinho hesitated putting one over his old team when he is clearly and always will be a Chelsea fan? Christ...he refers to them as ''my team''! But did that stop him knopcking them out the Champians League...did it ****!!!

These guys are professionals, i could care less if Phil Thompson still has a season ticket at Anfield, as long as he does well for Villa.

People just need to remember that these guys are more than capable of seperating their support for a team with there job!

For me it has nothing to do with who he supports or what accent he has. It is to do with the fact that he has not one positive, and quite a few negative, things to say about Villa in all the time he has been a pundit.

When he talks about Villa it comes across as we are a nothing club, something of not much relevance who have never achieved and will never achieve anything and who should be grateful for merely being in the premier league

Have heard Thompson call us a big club that has greatly underachieved in 20 years. He is just giving his opinion.

Also it is Pot Kettle Black with you as im sure Thonpson has been more positive about us in last few months than you

Been honest,I don't give a toss about Thompson been a livepool fan or what ever,did the same people give a shite that mon was a massive Celtic fan when he came here at first??.

A quality point.

Was Wenger a huge Arsenal fan before becoming manager? SAF at Man U? Are any players/managers/coaches fans of the teams they join?

Indeed, are any of our non-Birmingham bred players Villa fans before they came here?

These guys are professional footie players and managers because they want to win things, regardless of where it is or who they join.

PT is a winner, patently, and will bring the desire for and the taste of winning to our team, as will GH, assuming this all goes through.

But the difference and flaw in this point is that Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho don't play against their favoured team twice a year.

Also, the players don't have any decision on who plays/ what tactics will be played when they play against their home clubs.

I don't think PT would put weaker tactics/ subs against Liverpool, but I would have a niggling thought in the back of my head if we lost to them..

Have heard Thompson call us a big club that has greatly underachieved in 20 years. He is just giving his opinion.

What better incentive for him to go and do something about it!

I'm not a fan of his, but I'm also fully aware I don't need to be. I'm not likely to be going drinking with him anytime soon after all. He's here to do a job, not be my friend - and being the winner he is, he'll do everything possible to achieve his high goals

That's good enough for me. A few ruffled feathers may be a good thing too. Some players get to laidback at clubs, a kick up the arse every now and again works wonders for keeping people on their toes

But the difference and flaw in this point is that Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho don't play against their favoured team twice a year.

Also, the players don't have any decision on who plays/ what tactics will be played when they play against their home clubs.

I don't think PT would put weaker tactics/ subs against Liverpool, but I would have a niggling thought in the back of my head if we lost to them..

I think that this would make you try even harder when you play against the club you supported. PT would be desperate to beat the Scousers so he doesn't get a load of stick when he goes home.

Look at Vassell when he played for Citeh. The only club he scored against was the Villa!

I was not keen on Houllier at the start and still not overly confident but of course he'll be supported when he comes in I just hope he has been doing his homework and has already seen most of last seasons games so he can hit the ground running.

Are you off your head ?

No..

Are you?

You now have a scouser in your ranks lads. How does it feel? :)
Well to be honest I do not think Randy realises that he has additional security costs for the players dressing room on match days, or the car park either.

He's not a proper scouser anyway .... he's had a job!

Been honest,I don't give a toss about Thompson been a livepool fan or what ever,did the same people give a shite that mon was a massive Celtic fan when he came here at first??.

A quality point.

Was Wenger a huge Arsenal fan before becoming manager? SAF at Man U? Are any players/managers/coaches fans of the teams they join?

Indeed, are any of our non-Birmingham bred players Villa fans before they came here?

These guys are professional footie players and managers because they want to win things, regardless of where it is or who they join.

PT is a winner, patently, and will bring the desire for and the taste of winning to our team, as will GH, assuming this all goes through.

as much as i dislike the guy rob, dont think it will be a problem. Hes got enough about him imo to think that professionalism will always take over

We'll tell you if and when stuff starts to go missing.

Hide the Kleenex BOF because when PT gets a runny nose......

Scousers have served us well in the past.

Withey, Morley. Christ they won us the European cup.

What's the latest on Tommo then?

What's the latest on Tommo then?

Still got a big nose

Ron Saunders, does he count? Dennis Mortimer...

Well I have noticed a welcome shift in here from when GH & PT were first mooted. People seem to have now come around to the fact that despite not particularly liking (mainly) PT as a character/pundit, they are now acknowledging that these 2 get the job done; and done well, which is the main (nay only) thing.

yeah, people are slowly warming to the idea. It'll soon fire up again once we lose a match, no doubt. :winkold:

I'm not sure "warming to the idea" is quite correct.

I think people are accepting it because it looks likely to be who is the new manager and there is not much that can be done, is it is a done deal.

I think people want Villa to be successful and want that whoever is in charge. So I would not say, certainly from me, that it is warming to it or support of the appointment.

I also do not get why I have to support the appointment of either Houllier or Thompson. I support Villa and want whoever is the manager to win things. I would do the same if it was Redknapp in charge and I most definitely do not support him

fair enough, like you said not much that can be done besides accept the his our new manager.