Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woodytom and BarrysBoots, I'm sure you're both right. He is a proffesional and would put anything else second to his current role.

But I just don't like the idea of him wanting to find out how Liverpool did every Saturday. But I'm behind him and Houllier and whoever Randy appoints!

Let's get real here people. If it is a straight race between us and Plop to get 4th, do you really think they will both throw it away? All the players of other clubs supported other teams before they became professionals. Shit, even Milner ,a Leeds Utd fan, went to Lancashire.

Houllier announcement on Thursday am most likely. Thompson and MacDonald will assist.
I'd be delighted to have it confirmed that K-Mac will be hanging around. It makes sense given their combined Liverpool past; and only last week PT was singing K-Mac's praises as a coach on Soccer Saturday. It would be good to see that they weren't just empty platitudes.
If Thommo sneezes during a training session, we will have our entire squad crocked.
:lol:

I want Villa to win things and sincerely hope that this managerial appointment proves to be the most successful in the history of our club

I never doubted that Richard. Lets all drink to this at whatever our local may be. :cheers:

i find it hard to swallow gettin Phil Thompson at Villa Park, I destest the bloke but if he can get his passion he has for the pool and put it into the Villa dressing room I may be won over.....

on d last day of this season we have the pool at villa park, imagine we are both chasin 4th spot, if i can totally believe thommo wud love to see us keep his beloved pool out of the champs league i will be happy with it but that remains to be seen...

The idea of Houllier is growing on me a bit now but we better forget what it was like to get players through from our youths scheme as Houllier seems to have more the Medusa touch than the Midas touch when it comes to young player.

I cant believe people on here are seriously suggesting that when Villa play Liverpool the management team would set out not to win the game.

What are they going to say to the players. Come on lads, big game today, cant have us winning this one so can you all play crap please.

Utter nonsense

The idea of Houllier is growing on me a bit now but we better forget what it was like to get players through from our youths scheme as Houllier seems to have more the Medusa touch than the Midas touch when it comes to young player.

Wasn't/Isn't he head of French youth development or something......

Well if KMac is staying on to work with him then I'm sure he will be putting in a good word for the young players.

Wasn't/Isn't he head of French youth development or something......

I believe so.