Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

My local pub is my favourite pub.

Yet I work at another one just down the road from it.

Was that a bad appointment by my manager?

Im looking forward to GH and PT really. They have proven success so what is the fuss about?

Instead of saying that they already had a good squad when he took over, look at what Benitez did with some similar players. He finished 7th with them. So come on get behind GH

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends whether you went around publically slagging off the pub where you now work beforehand.

Did you?

If not, bad analogy mate. :winkold: :mrgreen:

Calling for 100% backing of an idea because it is the owner who has made the choice?

I see what you are saying Richard but when the choice has been made there is little we can do about it. It might not be the one we would have made but until things go pear shaped I think whoever he brings in should be given the benefit of the doubt. This is how I see it although I guess others may see it differently.

Well I have noticed a welcome shift in here from when GH & PT were first mooted. People seem to have now come around to the fact that despite not particularly liking (mainly) PT as a character/pundit, they are now acknowledging that these 2 get the job done; and done well, which is the main (nay only) thing.

yeah, people are slowly warming to the idea. It'll soon fire up again once we lose a match, no doubt. :winkold:

I'm not sure "warming to the idea" is quite correct.

I think people are accepting it because it looks likely to be who is the new manager and there is not much that can be done, is it is a done deal.

I think people want Villa to be successful and want that whoever is in charge. So I would not say, certainly from me, that it is warming to it or support of the appointment.

I also do not get why I have to support the appointment of either Houllier or Thompson. I support Villa and want whoever is the manager to win things. I would do the same if it was Redknapp in charge and I most definitely do not support him

... and this would be my stance on things too. Good post Trickie. :thumb:

Come on FFF wave that white flag and let Houllier go so he can sign a contract with us and we can all move forward!! Really looking forward to his tenure, quite excited by the prospect of foreign signings again to add to our solid British base. As long as he doesn't take to to the complete opposite end of the spectrum of course.

Depends whether you went around publically slagging off the pub where you now work beforehand.

Did you?

If not, bad analogy mate. :winkold: :mrgreen:

Well ive said its expensive? does that count haha

Instead of saying that they already had a good squad when he took over, look at what Benitez did with some similar players.

Won the CL, beat Liverpools highest ever point total in PL twice

Calling for 100% backing of an idea because it is the owner who has made the choice?

I see what you are saying Richard but when the choice has been made there is little we can do about it. It might not be the one we would have made but until things go pear shaped I think whoever he brings in should be given the benefit of the doubt. This is how I see it although I guess others may see it differently.

John as I have said I want Villa to win things and sincerely hope that this managerial appointment proves to be the most successful in the history of our club

Who else was part of GH's back room staff at Liverpool / Lyon? PT seems to be a cert anyone else a probable?

I imagine he has an army of scouts that will now be working for us which is exciting in itself. However, with regards to coaches etc. I'm not sure who else he had with him, maybe Sammy Lee will want to reunite with PT and GH? I doubt we will hear much about who else comes in with him until we see them all sat in the dugout, and we all turn to each other and ask 'Who are they??'.

Been honest,I don't give a toss about Thompson been a livepool fan or what ever,did the same people give a shite that mon was a massive Celtic fan when he came here at first??.

A quality point.

Was Wenger a huge Arsenal fan before becoming manager? SAF at Man U? Are any players/managers/coaches fans of the teams they join?

Indeed, are any of our non-Birmingham bred players Villa fans before they came here?

These guys are professional footie players and managers because they want to win things, regardless of where it is or who they join.

PT is a winner, patently, and will bring the desire for and the taste of winning to our team, as will GH, assuming this all goes through.

Im looking forward to GH and PT really. They have proven success so what is the fuss about?

Instead of saying that they already had a good squad when he took over, look at what Benitez did with some similar players. He finished 7th with them. So come on get behind GH

:lol:

Does your favourite pub go head-to-head with your current pub twice a year in a battle which could determin the standing of your pub in a league?

I'm not quite sure that example works :winkold:

(I am actually looking forward to PT and GH, but I couldn't help but comment on your post)

You now have a scouser in your ranks lads. How does it feel? :)
Well to be honest I do not think Randy realises that he has additional security costs for the players dressing room on match days, or the car park either.