Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want PT either but I can't see Houllier not wanting to bring in his own people so it stands to reason . MON bought his team in as would Hughes or Bruce or Moyes .

We lost 5 people when the last manager went so it stands to reason there will be a few new bods coming in .

What's the deal with GH then MM? is he bringing PT?

I don't know tbh but I am being told PT has resigned from sky

The guy is an idiot and a prick. He has never given me any other impression than he hates Villa. I will be very angry if PT is let anywhere near this club.

I reckon I might go down the road of giving the bloke a chance and see what he can do.

Probably only fair.

KMac will be back in the reserves. Staunton the man who is more likely to be assistant than PT. Media looking to portray Houllier's appointment as very unpopular with the fans and will use Krulak's blogs across all three forums he posts on to justify this.

Houllier let staunton go at Liverpool certainly no link with him on this one .

It's amazing how people can perceive people to 'hate' Villa. So sensitive, just because Thompson has said we've played poorly or he doesn't think we'll finish top 6 etc doesn't mean he hates us. He was given the job at Sky for his opinion, and he gave it. All it does is question his judgement, I'm sure in the past he has given his views on Villa which have turned out to be wrong, we have all done it. I'm also sure it's occurred the opposite way. The guy may be Liverpool at heart, but that doesn't stop him from doing an excellent job at Villa, he is a professional who has worked in football for many years. If he has quit Sky and this rumour is true, it shows the commitment, after all a contract at Sky is probably very lucarative. Whilst in this job all he has to do is turn up on a Saturday each week and commentate on a game. By giving that up, he'd be back in football probably earning a similar salary working on the training ground and spending a great deal of time with the manager.

At the end of the day, if Phil Thompson helps Aston Villa, that is all that matters, to not want him because you think he is a "prick" because of his punditry is wrong.

It's amazing how people can perceive people to 'hate' Villa. So sensitive, just because Thompson has said we've played poorly or he doesn't think we'll finish top 6 etc doesn't mean he hates us. He was given the job at Sky for his opinion, and he gave it. All it does is question his judgement, I'm sure in the past he has given his views on Villa which have turned out to be wrong, we have all done it. I'm also sure it's occurred the opposite way. The guy may be Liverpool at heart, but that doesn't stop him from doing an excellent job at Villa, he is a professional who has worked in football for many years. If he has quit Sky and this rumour is true, it shows the commitment, after all a contract at Sky is probably very lucarative. Whilst in this job all he has to do is turn up on a Saturday each week and commentate on a game. By giving that up, he'd be back in football probably earning a similar salary working on the training ground and spending a great deal of time with the manager.

At the end of the day, if Phil Thompson helps Aston Villa, that is all that matters, to not want him because you think he is a "prick" because of his punditry is wrong.

Good post

KMac will be back in the reserves. Staunton the man who is more likely to be assistant than PT. Media looking to portray Houllier's appointment as very unpopular with the fans and will use Krulak's blogs across all three forums he posts on to justify this.

He did sign him in the first place though MM, back in 98.

It would be an obvious choice (for Houllier), someone who knows the club, Kevin Mac and so on- and had a relatively successful career with us.

Looking at his overall time spent with us, there might be a perception that Staunton is a popular ex pro. To a certain extent he probably should be. Over a decade at the club between two spells, the first infinitely better than the second.

It's hard to shake the notion that he (Stan) had wanted out since around 94/95 though, was desperate to get back to the Redscouse and only returned to us when he was a busted flush.

That more than anything else will probably mean he'll never be hugely popular with most Villa fans. A shame, when balanced against his long service overall.

What's the deal with GH then MM? is he bringing PT?

I don't know tbh but I am being told PT has resigned from sky

The guy is an idiot and a prick. He has never given me any other impression than he hates Villa. I will be very angry if PT is let anywhere near this club.

Why would he 'hate' Villa? It seems as fans we find it difficult to accept that anyone other than a supporter can criticise the club, or have the right to, even though for the last five or so years he's been employed to give his opinion. Even if what he says is right it's only repeated by many on this board anyway, I can't see where hatred would come into it.

It's a suprise appointment, of course (if it's true)but he's proven to be a fairly decent coach, a winner. I think it's difficult for people to understand why somebody with such a love for another club could possibly be involved in anything else and want to achieve anywhere else. It's a huge challenge for Houllier and Thompson and one i'm pretty sure they'll both be dying to get their teeth into, as probably the last shot of success at a club of this stature. I'll reserve my judgement until a few months time when i've seen the impact they've had on the squad. It'll be interesting, anyway :)

If pinocchio has left sky surely it is in skys interets to report the story as an exclusive on their amazing yellow bar of information.

Why? It has nothing to do with sport (until he is announced). I don't think they did the yellow bar when they signed Ben Shepherd for his programme.

He did sign him in the first place though MM, back in 98.

It would be an obvious choice (for Houllier), someone who knows the club, Kevin Mac and so on- and had a relatively successful career with us.

Looking at his overall time spent with us, there might be a perception that Staunton is a popular ex pro. To a certain extent he probably should be. Over a decade at the club between two spells, the first infinitely better than the second.

It's hard to shake the notion that he (Stan) had wanted out since around 94/95 though, was desperate to get back to the Redscouse and only returned to us when he was a busted flush.

That more than anything else will probably mean he'll never be hugely pppular with most Villa fans. A shame, when balanced against his long service overall.

Yep but he got turned over in his last days was expecting to sign a new contract and was told that permission had been granted to Villa to speak to him .

If pinocchio has left sky surely it is in skys interets to report the story as an exclusive on their amazing yellow bar of information.

Why? It has nothing to do with sport (until he is announced). I don't think they did the yellow bar when they signed Ben Shepherd for his programme.

Whoooooooooooshhhhhhhhhhhh :lol: