Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

im not sure how its nothing when he has so publicly been overlooked for the top job?

Any right minded individual would be disappointed.

Apparently 4 current premiership managers have applied for soton job, wouldnt surprise me if KMac was one of these.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to slate KMAC - but why is held in such high esteem ?

True we have won the reserves league a few time - but isn't this a regional thing now ?

How many great players have come through the reserves - Gabby - Yes - Albrighton et all, still have some way to go - We haven't produced a joe cole, Defoe, Walcott, Shearer

Likewise with Hanky, i'd accept Houllier and give him my support, but Thompson? The bloke has no respect for our brilliant club, and i've none for him

I personally find nothing wrong with Thompson, so what if he said we overachieved last season.....People cry over the smallest of things.

It just means that we did better than expected.

Andy Gray was Big Ron's number 2 at Villa - he quit the club to go & work for then Sky TV

If Thompson is prepared to quit Sky Sports ( a well paid job) to join Villa, it shows a commitment & deserves to be given a chance imo.

Exactly! over the years i have seen a lot of players & others come to Villa who have admitted they were suprised at just how much potential this club had once they had seen it from inside the walls so to speak. A lot of this would be down to biased reporting over the years which has tended to belittle the Villa whilst inflating the image of other teams.. especially those in London of course! So i am not suprised in the least when someone such as PT has a bit of an underwhelmed view of Villa as at the end of the day if you throw enough mud.....

I think he would be quite suprised when he actually saw 1st hand what this clubs true potential is.

Andy Gray was Big Ron's number 2 at Villa - he quit the club to go & work for then Sky TV

If Thompson is prepared to quit Sky Sports ( a well paid job) to join Villa, it shows a commitment & deserves to be given a chance imo.

What a good point you make!

It's one thing having a pop at someone when they haven't done a good job, but turning on people before they've even set foot through the door is OTT IMO.

Reminds me of VT when we signed James Collins!

Anyone see his performance against Everton coming back from injury??!!!

No problem with either Houllier or Thompson.

Good luck to them. I'm sure we all agree that we hope they're very successful at AVFC.

Lets not criticise before they have even stepped foot into the job.

On Radio Five Live, just before the show finished (10:28ish), Pat Murphy came back on to say the Houllier deal was all but confirmed. He's with the French national team in Sarajevo at the moment but will be back in France on Wednesday to get out of his contract with them. So it'll either be Wednesday or Thursday when its finalised.

Something along those lines anyhow. There was no mention of who would be the coach under him (as i recall). Have to listen again on the iPlayer when it's up.

It always seems to take Donkey's years for the Villa to announce anything doesn't it? Last day of the transfer market and now this manager malarky. Don't get me wrong, I realise it's a big decision to make and Houllier already has a job but crikey O'Reilly is it dragging on. Roll on the press conference.

I hope KMac stays with us, I agree that he shouldn't have been publicised so much or encouraged to try for the job as much as he was because it has to be disappointing for him. Hopefully he will buck up and stick with us, I think he will be invaluable when the new manager and coaches come in.