Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want Phil Thomson anywhere near Aston Villa Football Club.

He as on numerous occasions shown contempt for Aston Villa during his media work. Only a couple of weeks ago when discussing Aston Villa on Soccer Saturday he said in a very condescending tone something a long the lines of " this is Aston Villa we are talking about they over achieved under Martin O'Neill and they need to remember that ". Continually emphasising this is Aston Villa we are talking about like a little club like Villa should be grateful to finish in the top 6.

As for him quitting Sky will show he'll be committed to us how the **** does that work? Thomson would be lucky if he is on anymore than a few hundred pound a week for the little work he does for Sky. The primary reason for him coming to Villa will be money. I don't have a problem with that but lets not make out the prick is doing us a favour.

If pinocchio has left sky surely it is in skys interets to report the story as an exclusive on their amazing yellow bar of information.

Why? It has nothing to do with sport (until he is announced). I don't think they did the yellow bar when they signed Ben Shepherd for his programme.

Do you not think that even if he hasnt told Sky he is off to Villa they may put 2 and 2 together and report it that 'Sky sources understand that Phil Thompson is to become Houlliers number 2." I think this qualifies as sports related.

Wish they had of put Ben Shepherds signing on there so I wouldnt of had such a shock at seeing the little twonk on there for the Spurs City game. I just hope they announce Lorraine Kelly when she joins Soccer Saturday.

As for him quitting Sky will show he'll be committed to us how the **** does that work?.

I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about to be honest

If he's quit it's because he's coming to Villa. He can hardly do both jobs can he?

Hope MacDonald is happy to go back to doing what he's great at. Unless his head has been turned by the bright lights

Phil Thompson is a bit of a dick and some of his quotes regarding Villa are a bit far fetched, but if he's going to be the number 2 on Houllier's recommendations I've got no problem with that. I reckon a fair few ex-Liverpool coaches will head this way. So what?

i want winners at the club, **** being all precious, neither are my choice but if this is who we get then at least make sure it is on a rolling agreement, if they do well until the end of the season then we have the option to keep them on and if they do not so well then shake hands and move on.

im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because albeit a long time ago, they were winners or at least successful.

Looks like the French want him to stay on.

"French Football Federation President Fernando Duchaussoy Confirms Wednesday Meeting With Gerard Houllier To Discuss Future As Aston Villa Rumours Grow"

Its probably just a last attempt to get him to stay. However it would be a shock if he did that now. Things have moved too far for that to happen.

As for him quitting Sky will show he'll be committed to us how the **** does that work?.

I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about to be honest

If he's quit it's because he's coming to Villa. He can hardly do both jobs can he?

Hope MacDonald is happy to go back to doing what he's great at. Unless his head has been turned by the bright lights

If his head has been turned maybe he should have made his decision earlier.

Whoever comes will get my support; it will be results that dictate their tenure not my personal opininons on someone.

Who needs a manager anyway before the weekend. We only have Stoke and they no better than Newcastle. Oh...

I don't want Phil Thomson anywhere near Aston Villa Football Club.

He as on numerous occasions shown contempt for Aston Villa during his media work. Only a couple of weeks ago when discussing Aston Villa on Soccer Saturday he said in a very condescending tone something a long the lines of " this is Aston Villa we are talking about they over achieved under Martin O'Neill and they need to remember that ". Continually emphasising this is Aston Villa we are talking about like a little club like Villa should be grateful to finish in the top 6.

As for him quitting Sky will show he'll be committed to us how the **** does that work? Thomson would be lucky if he is on anymore than a few hundred pound a week for the little work he does for Sky. The primary reason for him coming to Villa will be money. I don't have a problem with that but lets not make out the prick is doing us a favour.

Ludicrous stuff here.

It is not our right to finish 6th by any means. There are 8 clubs, including us now since Randy arrived, he was merely stating that the fans can not take this stuff for granted which evidently is what is happening. And even if he is not a Villa lover do you really think he would not try as hard? Do you think he would sabotage us from the inside?

He is a professional, and since he had a successful playing career this is proved. So he will do his job.

Sky pay good money. He wants to be more involved in the game though and this is a great chance to get back into it with a man that he had previous success with.

I bet i'm not the only person on here that LOATHED Big Ron before he came to Villa. I couldn't stand the bloke.

But once he came to MY club and did his best for us that changed overnight.

Thats football for you.

And if knocker Thompson comes he'll be getting my full support too.

If the poll on another Villa Forum is anything to go by Houllier could start off with a supporter approval rating of less than 50%.

A bad start and this could turn ugly very quickly. There will be no honeymoon period.

Heres hoping we get off to a flyer or his reign will be very short lived.

His approval rating is based upon his time with liverpool when he played crap football and bought pretty poorly. However, he did do quite well, trophy wise. The verdict is out for me, we'll have to give him a chance and see.

It's hard to shake the notion that he (Stan) had wanted out since around 94/95 though, was desperate to get back to the Redscouse and only returned to us when he was a busted flush

Sigh, Do I have to repeat what I wrote a few pages back about Staunton ringing Ron Toss live on air to say that he wanted to stay at Villa but Doug **** him about to the poiunt where plop offered him the deal he wanted which he agreed to, only for Doug to then offer MORE money than either Dougs original offer OR plops offer, to which Stan said that he had made an agreement with plop and it was unprofessional to go back on it.

He said that he was settled in the Midlands, that his family was settled, but that Doug messed him around so much over a new contract. I heard this with my own ears!

It's hard to shake the notion that he (Stan) had wanted out since around 94/95 though, was desperate to get back to the Redscouse and only returned to us when he was a busted flush

Sigh, Do I have to repeat what I wrote a few pages back about Staunton ringing Ron Toss live on air to say that he wanted to stay at Villa but Doug **** him about to the poiunt where plop offered him the deal he wanted which he agreed to, only for Doug to then offer MORE money than either Dougs original offer OR plops offer, to which Stan said that he had made an agreement with plop and it was unprofessional to go back on it.

He said that he was settled in the Midlands, that his family was settled, but that Doug messed him around so much over a new contract. I heard this with my own ears!

I remember someone who heard that interview telling me this. My disgust for HDE grew even more!