Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not doubting the ITK's on here but......

........if you follow that twitter link to Andy Townsends page he is convinced its not Houllier, just saying.

How would he know any different.

Link for Townsend's page? The one I saw is rattling on about Adrian Chiles and Southgate's dress sense.

Not doubting the ITK's on here but......

........if you follow that twitter link to Andy Townsends page he is convinced its not Houllier, just saying.

How would he know any different.

Link for Townsend's page? The one I saw is rattling on about Adrian Chiles and Southgate's dress sense.

Not sure its the real one :oops: still he seems to think its not Houllier :D

Still unsure about Houllier. At the moment I can see it being a disaster. Depends how the players feel about it.

I think a lot of them will be happy to have such an established manager here.

The ones that I've heard could be unhappy were Friedel, Carew and Warnock..

Friedel - surely only has one year left, so not a problem.

Carew - We're looking for a new striker anyway, so not a big problem.

Warnock - I'm not sure what happened with Houllier and Warnock.. I knew that Warnock didn't like playing under Benitez, but Houllier I'm not sure.

Can someone enlighten me?

would like to know this also, have heard Warnock slate Benitez in the past but never Houllier. I suspect its the press putting 2 and 2 together

Because he loaned him out to Coventry and in the press that apparently equates to the pair having a huge bust up and rolling round the training pitch Roman-Greco style.

Wouldnt read anything into it though, its just the press making shit up to fill paper space.

But then again, Houllier is French... :winkold:

Because he loaned him out to Coventry and in the press that apparently equates to the pair having a huge bust up and rolling round the training pitch Roman-Greco style.

Wouldnt read anything into it though, its just the press making shit up to fill paper space.

But then again, Houllier is French... :winkold:

Not Roman or Greek though... ;)

"I tell you what, I've spent a lazy afternoon with friends reminiscing about my time as an Irishman. For me, they were heady days"

That Townsend Twitter is actually quite amusing. Possibly too subtle for some!

"I tell you what, I've spent a lazy afternoon with friends reminiscing about my time as an Irishman. For me, they were heady days"

That Townsend Twitter is actually quite amusing. Possibly too subtle for some!

Indeed!

"I bumped into Garth Crooks on Wednesday. He's just finished asking me how I'm doing "