Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm beginning to feel that the board have treated K Mac quite poorly in this (although he didn't help hiumself with his dithering). It's like they lead him up the garden path. I hope they can get him a first team role within the new set up and him not walking away.

No I'm sorry I don't think anyone is to blame but KMac himself. He should have been more positive and said I want to manage AVFC, this is my chance.....or I want to work under a more experienced manager.

ALL that will happen is that he will go back from whence he came.

Don't get me wrong at this point I'd much prefer KMac to Phil Thompson,

but I think the manager has the right to choose his assistant.

To say PT hates Villa is not my take on matters on Sky Sports Saturday.. him & Alan MCAnally went ape when Barry scored that penalty to draw 4-4 at Stamford Bridge. Yeah I know Chelsea were his beloved's bitter rivals at the time but nevertheless, he always comes across to me as someone who respects what MON & the club have been trying to do. Sometimes his knowledge is lacking but then he wouldn't be alone in only doing his proper homework on the Sky 4!!

It is a particularly sensitive matter for, as revealed by Telegraph Sport last week, MacDonald was left disappointed after the board failed to contact him the day after his interview, despite having raised his hopes by encouraging him to apply for the vacancy — and indeed confirming publicly that he had done so.

That, if true, is a disgrace and my opinion of the board would go down hugely.

Because the board didnt contact him the day after his interview?

Why should they? Did they promise faithfully to do that?

Seriously, I'm failing to see why it is such a huge slap in the face that they didn't contact him the day after his interview. Someone please enlighten me?

**********************BREAKING NEWS************************

Emule Heskey has fallen on the waterslide into the pool at BH and popped it. Ashley Young said to be devastated, however, new manager Gerard Houllier has turned to Phil Thompson's nose as a replacement.

It is a particularly sensitive matter for, as revealed by Telegraph Sport last week, MacDonald was left disappointed after the board failed to contact him the day after his interview, despite having raised his hopes by encouraging him to apply for the vacancy — and indeed confirming publicly that he had done so.

Seriously, I'm failing to see why it is such a huge slap in the face that they didn't contact him the day after his interview. Someone please enlighten me?

They encouraged him to apply, plastered it everywhere, then didnt contact him after they interviewed him and are apparently going to appoint someone else. Is that not a slap in the face?

Possibly. If there's not many candidates to interview, then thye may have said we'll be in touch with the outcome tomorrow.

I applied for an internal promotion once and was told i'd find out the next day, i actually found out 3 days later off the person that got the position and he was told not to tell me. Its not nice waiting to hear if you've been sucessful or not.

I still don't understand who some supporters expect to be appointed as Manager, The people some of us & the club would have liked are not available, end of, If Houllier gets the job he is entitled to bring in his own staff & assistant .

If we don't like that person then it is tough luck people are not queing up for the job as we would like to think they are.

Give the new Management a chance before slagging them off.

Where are the credible alternatives who are available & want the job?

They encouraged him to apply, plastered it everywhere, then didnt contact him after they interviewed him and are apparently going to appoint someone else. Is that not a slap in the face?

That's not what the article says. It says they did not contact him the day after his interview.

So if his interview was on a Monday and they didn't contact him until the Wednesday, that's a disgrace? Unless they specifically promised him an answer within 24 hours then reneged, this smells of just another excuse to slate the board.

If GH is appointed manager then of course he should decide for himself who he wants to work with. If the Telegraph article is true then that's a couple of serious mistakes on the trot Randy has made. Firstly to encourage K Mac to apply when he probably wasn't going to get the job anyway, secondly to appoint Houllier hoping he'd take Mac as his coach/number two. Surely this must have been discussed during the interviews though, so I'm holding out hope that the Telegraph story isn't correct.

Either way hopefully K Mac returns nice and quiet back to the reserves without kicking up a fuss, not because I don't rate him, but because GH should be the one to decide. Anything else is a recipe for disaster. However if GH wants K Mac as part of his first team staff then that would be my preferred option.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

I'd be willing to give Houllier a chance and wouldn't be adverse to his appointment (obvious statement really). I am conflicted on how well he'd do and he'd be the best out of the four we were quoted.

I don't want Thompson near the club, though.

That's not what the article says. It says they did not contact him the day after his interview.

So if his interview was on a Monday and they didn't contact him until the Wednesday, that's a disgrace? Unless they specifically promised him an answer within 24 hours then reneged, this smells of just another excuse to slate the board.

The lack of contact is an issue if true, and im not saying its is or not, because i dont know the faccchhttss.

I went for an internal interview only recently, and was told to go for it. I was concerned as the interview approached that they had something else in mind, and had that happened i would have felt my position was untenable. As it was I was appointed and I'm sure they never felt any other way, but if someone else had been appointed, even though i had been pushed forward, I would have rather have found a position elsewhere than stayed.

I'm sure KMac will now look elsewhere for a managerial position, and i am sure he will have many takers.

No it's not a slap in the face, how long did he wait to decide if he wanted the job.....You could see the job wasn't right for him, he didn't like the media bit, his tactics didn't do him any favours at all.

Losing 6-0 to NewCastle didn't help, losing in the Europa didn't help.

He had a lot going against him before he even said yes I want the job.

Sure he has been good at Villa working with the reserves, it doesn't mean he is going to make it as a prem manager.

How long did we have to wait until he said he wanted the job you mean? Just because he said to sky/bbc whoever that he was thinking about it doesnt mean that he was still deciding?

Whether he would make it as a prem manager or not makes not difference to the fact that if reports are correct, and that as ever is a big if, he has been messed around.

I dont see why they needed to make the fact that he wanted the job public? We could have kept the discussions private and then appointed someone else and it wouldnt have been so much of a problem.