Emile Heskey

Gary McAllister

El Hadji Diouf (Lens, £10 million),

Salif Diao (Sedan, £5 million)

Bruno Cheyrou (Lille, £4 million)

Igor Bišćan

Christian Ziege

Djibril Cissé (14 million

IIRC I dont think Westerweld, Cisse, Heskey, Smicer, Mcallister, Barmby and Biscan were that bad for Pool in THAT time. I´ll give you Diao, Traore and Vignal though...

Mcallister was the only one of them that was any good,te rest where shite..

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Šmicer

Sander Westerveld

Titi Camara

Eric Meijer

Djimi Traoré

Markus Babbel

Nicky Barmby

Pegguy Arphexad

Grégory Vignal

Emile Heskey

Gary McAllister

Igor Bišćan

Christian Ziege

IIRC I dont think Westerweld, Cisse, Heskey, Smicer, Mcallister, Barmby and Biscan were that bad for Pool in THAT time. I´ll give you Diao, Traore and Vignal though...

In fairness, Babbel was excellent before his illness. So that's 2 out of 17 that weren't bad. :lol:

It's funny that when MON was in charge alot of people on here wanted a DoF now he's gone people seem to hate the idea?? What we have to remember is that MON left most of the day to day training pitch stuff to JR and SW so the player will be used to that kind of set up? Houllier is not that bad an appointment IMO rather him than Sven or Curbs to be honest??

It's funny that when MON was in charge alot of people on here wanted a DoF now he's gone people seem to hate the idea?? What we have to remember is that MON left most of the day to day training pitch stuff to JR and SW so the player will be used to that kind of set up? Houllier is not that bad an appointment IMO rather him than Sven or Curbs to be honest??

Add in the fact that when MON was in charge a lot of people wanted to see us take a punt on untried foreign talent. Now were looking at a manager that might its the wrong way to go.

Šmicer

Sander Westerveld

Titi Camara

Eric Meijer

Djimi Traoré

Markus Babbel

Nicky Barmby

Pegguy Arphexad

Grégory Vignal

Emile Heskey

Gary McAllister

Igor Bišćan

Christian Ziege

In fairness, Babbel was excellent before his illness. So that's 2 out of 17 that weren't bad. :lol:

Biscan,thats all i have to say oh and Titi Camara.ffs this all haappend when GH was much younger too.

Shocked by the negative reaction to Houllier. I'd be delighted.

me too...would people rather kev mac who masterminded our early exit from europe, lost 6-0 to a bottom half team, and had so little shape vs everton that we were taken apart for 90mins?

Anyone apart from Curbishley, Southgate, Brown or Pardew will do for me....

I do think we should try to aim high though, being that we really need to try to push on and this will have a long term impact on us.

I really think Sven is one of the best we have been linked to.

None of the names are particularly inspiring to me but i am suprised by the negative (hatred almost?) towards Houllier, remember it was essentially his team of players who won the champions league for liverpool.

Don't get me wrong, he wouldn't me my first choice but the negativity towards him is unjustified in my opinion... my major concern about him is his health.

Bringing him in as a director of football would not work (when has DOF ever worked in this country), as soon as KM has a dodgy game or two suddenly the media (and fans out of panic) will be asking for GH to take over the reins.

As others have said i don't believe KM is where he needs to be tactically to be considered.

I do think we should try to aim high though, being that we really need to try to push on ...

A "Mourinho" just isn't available. And probably not interested.

I'm pretty confident that the decision makers are realistic and aiming as high as possible.

If it is Houllier and KM whilst it's certainly not as exciting as Moyes or Hughes BUT I can see some merit in it .

Houllier will be the mentor and has a vast knowledge of the game here and abroad so will have good contacts and does know how to win a trophy .

We might actually see some inovation in the transfer marker from abroad , KM who let's be honest give him the job and he wouldn't last he hasn't the experience or the infrastructure in place to cope although I am unsure about him anyway at this level .

This to me is a half way house KM from the players comments is well respected and a good coach if we were to appoint someone brand new who bought his team in then KM would most likely be either disillusioned or the new set up take him out anyway .

Houllier has won things and is no donkey you can't argue his recorrd but will appear uninspiring but yet I think a safe option . The biggest issue for me is still MON's timing it's fxxxed us over .

I do think we should try to aim high though, being that we really need to try to push on ...

A "Mourinho" just isn't available. And probably not interested.

I'm pretty confident that the decision makers are realistic and aiming as high as possible.

I'm aware that someone as high up as Mourinho wouldn't want to come. However, I just hope they don't sell our team short and go for some poor manager like Curbishley etc. If we do get someone like that, then they have clearly got the person to save money and not to aim high....

If we go for McDonald, then it will be clear that Lerner has gone with the cheapest option. I really am worried that he may be our new manager.

Don't let the General read that. He wouldn't be too happy with you having a go at Faulkner.

Any time I've noticed him he never seems interested in our football. He should piss off and teach history or some bollocks.

Should he have pissed off and left us with Ellis?

Some people on this board are ridiculous with their comments.

He fits all the criteria Randy was after, Moyes Jol etc are in jobs who else is he going to bring in...?

This magical manager which will get everything done and please all the fans.

For starters we will have value for money in the transfer market rather than restricting ourself to the uk.