Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Those calling for sven over GH really need to check their respective pedigree's managing English clubs. We can't get Hughes, Moyes or Jol so people need to wake up and realise that out of the other candidates Mr Houllier is the best option. Those racist comments regarding the fact he is french sicken me to be honest. Give the bloke a chance and start getting behind your football team

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the people who say they will not go to VP if houllier appointed.... Bye then, jog on, see you later as aston villa

dont need fans like you.

What a pointless reaction, fans are expressing their displeasure mainly because the board talk bollocks!

If you think what the board say is bollocks you clearly don't read some of the posts on here :)

To the people who say they will not go to VP if houllier appointed.... Bye then, jog on, see you later as aston villa

dont need fans like you.

What a pointless reaction, fans are expressing their displeasure mainly because the board talk bollocks!

If you think what the board say is bollocks you clearly don't read some of the posts on here :)

Yes but a moderator once said: "talking bollocks isnt against the site guidelines (as long as you think its true)":D

For me, it's not Houllier per se, it's the fact that he may come in as a DoF. Firstly, I don't like the system and would worry that it would lead to him trying to take over managerial roles too. Then there's the fact that signing players was never really his forte. This is the guy who swapped Baros for Carew remember! Finally, I have real concerns over KM and his motivational/man management skills. The last few games it feels like we haven't been able to respond under pressure and I do wonder whether that's an issue with KM.

And just to clarify it was RAFA The fat chef, who won the Champions League for Liverpool! Heard constantly it was Houlliers side, well if we finish or win a cup do we praise MON as this is his team! Also why is it going to 4 to 5 days to complete talk about being slow!

Carew could be a casualty of GH I suppose, although, given I don't suppose even his greatest fans ( including me ), would have seen him here much longer than beyond this season, maybe another year afterwards. I would hope both would be professional enough to at least ensure this year was as productive as possible mind,.

Also, out interest if Houllier was made DoF and KM head coach, would the bookies only pay out on KM? I'm presuming so.

It's possible that if nobody is appointed as "manager" per se, that the bookies will not pay ouy at all!?

:lol::mrgreen:

a DOF and a Head Coach, but no Manager

IMO - If it's Houllier he'll be manager not DoF - he'll do all the press duties and tactics, whilst KMac will step up to first team coach.

I wouldn't mind Houllier, he was always decent in the media played some decent football and regardless of some bizarre signings was pretty successful with Liverpool...

Many have posted a list of his signings and I agree, there were a few shockers (Cheyrou, La Tallec, Djimi Troare etc) but he also brought in some great players (that went on and did the business for them) in MacAllister, Hammann, Hyppia, Henchoz, Ziegle, Babbel (shame about the illness) even Heskey had his best days under Houllier!

Not the most inspiring but i'll certainly cheer on the Villa under GH!!!

Šmicer

Sander Westerveld

Titi Camara

Eric Meijer

Djimi Traoré

Markus Babbel

Nicky Barmby

Pegguy Arphexad

Grégory Vignal

Emile Heskey

Gary McAllister

El Hadji Diouf (Lens, £10 million),

Salif Diao (Sedan, £5 million)

Bruno Cheyrou (Lille, £4 million)

Igor Bišćan

Christian Ziege

Djibril Cissé (14 million

IIRC I dont think Westerweld, Cisse, Heskey, Smicer, Mcallister, Barmby and Biscan were that bad for Pool in THAT time. I´ll give you Diao, Traore and Vignal though...

Mcallister was the only one of them that was any good,te rest where shite..

I don't really have anything against Houllier personally but when you see a list of signings like that, together with the swapping of Carew for Baros, I have to say that I don't think he would be good for our football club. Signing more foreign players is one thing but signing shit ones is not what we need.

Unfortunately i spoke to some Liverpool fans about Houllier, after having a wash the general consensus was they were happy with him.

He bought a lot of shit but still made them competitive won cups and got them to the point just behind the big boys, they needed someone to take that final step, which wasn't Rafa!

We need someone to get us to the step he got them to.

Apparently he is very respected in the game and has more contacts than Del Boy.

At least we might get some value for money i suppose rather than getting ripped off for UK players.

And just to clarify it was RAFA The fat chef, who won the Champions League for Liverpool! Heard constantly it was Houlliers side, well if we finish or win a cup do we praise MON as this is his team! Also why is it going to 4 to 5 days to complete talk about being slow!

Was it Ron Saunders team or Tony Barton's that won the European Cup for Villa?? :/

So would Houllier pick the team and formation week to week, and just have Mac execute his plans on match day?

Appointing a football manager as DoFO seems a bit pointless. Give the manager's job to a manager, if you want a DoFO, give it to David Gill type person....someone to negotiate contracts, etc.