Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I just hope it's all sorted before I fly out to the States for 12 days next Thursday. Otherwise I will be spending most of my holiday trying to find wi-fi hotspots to check Villa Talk. And then when someone is appointed deal with the meltdown thats is sure to follow !

For the record my wish list would be (of the mentioned candidates)

1 McLeish

2 Houllier

3 Moyes

4 Sven

5 Jol

6 KMac

Anyone else..Thanks, but, No thanks

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Undecided on Houllier.....not unhappy, but not jumping through hoops either. I guess whoever gets the job will have their good points as well as bad and you have to be patient.

Would the DoF thing, with KM basically in charge of coaching the side as he is now, actually work though....or would it be better for Houllier to simply take the reins? I just hope KM does'nt become the first casualty of any new regime.

Donadoni done well at Livorno and got more from Italy team than Lippi did. I would take him. He might speak English as he played in New York which is also a bonus

I'm confused by this statement. Didn't Lippi win the World Cup with Italy?

i mean current Italy team in 2008

Donadoni done well at Livorno and got more from Italy team than Lippi did. I would take him. He might speak English as he played in New York which is also a bonus

I'm confused by this statement. Didn't Lippi win the World Cup with Italy?

i mean current Italy team in 2008

It's the same team.

Lippi won the world cup with them, Donadoni took over and had a shaky start but rallied to a solid showing at the Euros, Lippi took over again and the team were rubbish.

I think it is just the gradual decline of the 2006 WC team over 4 years rather than the choice of manager at each tournament.

About halfway through last season, I was fed up of H&V's anti O'Neill brigade and stopped viewing their site. Their constant opinion was we could do much better than O'Neill and should get rid there and then.

Their theory being, that if he left we'd have our pick of the best managers (outside the top 4) queueing round the block for the chance to manage us

I wonder what they're thinking now ?

Its the dregs of the managerial graveyard and nothing else it seems

My feelings on Houllier. He swapped John Carew (who clearly from things said in the past does not like Houllier) for Baros (a player he had previously bought but shown the door at Anfield when he wanted more time to sign a contract - talk was he was talking to Man Citeh, in the end he sulked and signed for us). John Carew is still here with a pretty good scoring record, Baros lasted only 1 season a Lyon before being shipped off again (and his goalscoring record was worse than Carews there)

He also likes Heskey

My feelings on Houllier. He swapped John Carew (who clearly from things said in the past does not like Houllier) for Baros (a player he had previously bought but shown the door at Anfield when he wanted more time to sign a contract - talk was he was talking to Man Citeh, in the end he sulked and signed for us). John Carew is still here with a pretty good scoring record, Baros lasted only 1 season a Lyon before being shipped off again (and his goalscoring record was worse than Carews there)

He also likes Heskey

Probably cos he scored 20 odd goals in a season for him

Houllier has also won numerous trophies.

Talk about focusing on the negatives

About halfway through last season, I was fed up of H&V's anti O'Neill brigade and stopped viewing their site. Their constant opinion was we could do much better than O'Neill and should get rid there and then.

Their theory being, that if he left we'd have our pick of the best managers (outside the top 4) queueing round the block for the chance to manage us

I wonder what they're thinking now ?

Its the dregs of the managerial graveyard and nothing else it seems

In hindsight, surely getting rid of O'Neill at the end of last season would have been a good thing? The options in May would have been a lot better than when he decided to quit in August.

I think it's because people thought the board would have a huge pair of stones and just go an snatch someone from another club.

As it turns out, we've decided to tip-toe meekly like a bunch of powder-puff Stewart Downings, too scared to even enquire about another club's manager.