Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Faulkner you Ginger sod, if this is the vision you have for AVFC then it's very **** short sighted, experience, I'd have preferred John Gregory! Seriously you will rip the heart and sole of AVFC by employing this goon! As for KMac being his side kick, he is tactically naive how many **** times, his 3rd game in still doesn't get that Ireland has to play in the hole! You talk about MON uninspiring trust me the dross will be even worse with a **** teacher overseeing it! An opportunity missed, took you this long to employ someone!

I'm pretty sure that Lerner is appointing the manager, not Faulkner.

However, Houllier overseeing transfers and K MacDonald overseeing tactics would worry me. Given Houllier's transfer record at Liverpool and how tactically naive MacDonald was. He'd keep playing a centre mid partnership of Petrov and Ireland. And he'll keep playing Young behind the striker. He's good there, but Ireland is better off there and Young is better off on the wing.

Don't let the General read that. He wouldn't be too happy with you having a go at Faulkner.

Any time I've noticed him he never seems interested in our football. He should piss off and teach history or some bollocks.

Most of the managers in contention all have good and bad points.

The worry with Houllier would be the style of play he adopts.

When he managed Liverpool they were so boring to watch and not very adventurous in their style of play.

My other worry would be the signings he made at Liverpool, yes all managers sign some bad players but Houllier seems to have signed more than his fair share.

Of the managers who might be available I would love to see Claudio Raniere arrive in for the Villa job. Signed a 2 year contract in 2009 at Roma (probably wouldnt be interested in the Villa)

I also finding myself warming to the idea of Sven, I think he could be a good appointment and seems to be the best option of the names Ive heard floating around. Presuming and Jol and Moyes are no goers!

Here is a list of players Houllier signed while at Liverpool, doesn't make nice reading apart from a few. However it doesn't mean he will buy a load of crap if he arrives at the Villa. But u never know!

Sami Hyypiä,

Dietmar Hamann,

Stéphane Henchoz

Vladimír Šmicer

Sander Westerveld

Titi Camara

Eric Meijer

Djimi Traoré

Markus Babbel

Nicky Barmby

Pegguy Arphexad

Grégory Vignal

Emile Heskey

Gary McAllister

El Hadji Diouf (Lens, £10 million),

Salif Diao (Sedan, £5 million)

Bruno Cheyrou (Lille, £4 million)

Igor Bišćan

Christian Ziege

Djibril Cissé (14 million)

Here is a list of players Houllier signed while at Liverpool, doesn't make nice reading apart from a few. However it doesn't mean he will buy a load of crap if he arrives at the Villa.

Sami Hyypiä,

Dietmar Hamann,

Stéphane Henchoz

Vladimír Šmicer

Sander Westerveld

Titi Camara

Eric Meijer

Djimi Traoré

Markus Babbel

Nicky Barmby

Pegguy Arphexad

Grégory Vignal

Emile Heskey

Gary McAllister

Igor Bišćan

Christian Ziege

Exactly. Houllier is naff, it's not like he managed to finish 2nd with all these bad signings is it.

Here is a list of players Houllier signed while at Liverpool, doesn't make nice reading apart from a few. However it doesn't mean he will buy a load of crap if he arrives at the Villa. But u never know!

Sami Hyypiä,

Dietmar Hamann,

Stéphane Henchoz

Vladimír Šmicer

Sander Westerveld

Titi Camara

Eric Meijer

Djimi Traoré

Markus Babbel

Nicky Barmby

Pegguy Arphexad

Grégory Vignal

Emile Heskey

Gary McAllister

Igor Bišćan

Christian Ziege

i'm not really in favour of Houllier (although it's a better option than KMac and certainly god forbid Brown) but if he comes here and signs a holding midfielder even remotely as good as Hamann I will be chuffed to bits.

Sami Hyypiä,

Dietmar Hamann,

Stéphane Henchoz

Vladimír Šmicer

Sander Westerveld

Titi Camara

Eric Meijer

Djimi Traoré

Markus Babbel

Nicky Barmby

Pegguy Arphexad

Grégory Vignal

Emile Heskey

Gary McAllister

Igor Bišćan

Christian Ziege

Hyppia, Hamman, Smicer, Barmby, Heskey and McAllister were very good signings at the time. Cisse might have been good had he not broke his leg and then fallen out with Benitez. Obviously Cheyrou was shit and Diouf was not a success but I'm sure if you compare this list with players who we have signed during this same period then there would be a whole lot more rubbish that signed for Villa.

please god i hope its not a Kev Mac GH combo,i think Kev is a good coach for the reserves and he's seem a nice fella but i dont think giving him the job as first team manager is good for us at all..and if Randy brings GH in as a director of football he needs his head looked at,you think MON made some shite signings??..well look at these...

Šmicer

Sander Westerveld

Titi Camara

Eric Meijer

Djimi Traoré

Markus Babbel

Nicky Barmby

Pegguy Arphexad

Grégory Vignal

Emile Heskey

Gary McAllister

Igor Bišćan

Christian Ziege

Djibril Cissé (14 million

thay can forget a bright future with these in charge..

Šmicer

Sander Westerveld

Titi Camara

Eric Meijer

Djimi Traoré

Markus Babbel

Nicky Barmby

Pegguy Arphexad

Grégory Vignal

Emile Heskey

Gary McAllister

Igor Bišćan

Christian Ziege

Djibril Cissé (14 million

IIRC I dont think Westerweld, Cisse, Heskey, Smicer, Mcallister, Barmby and Biscan were that bad for Pool in THAT time. I´ll give you Diao, Traore and Vignal though...