Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when MON was here, even his biggest fans sometimes longed for a bit of foreign flair to add to our solid british core. I certainly did, i thought that would be dieal.

I hope Houllier will be able to add that.

When we first were linked with Houllier I was throughly unimpressed. But I've warmed to it more and more, I'm now actually quite excited!

Probably said already but Houllier had the right idea about that prick Ginola, that alone endears me to him.

What did he say about that prick Ginola? If it was suitably derogatory it further endears me to him too.

When Houllier was France manager, Ginola gave possession away cheaply which resulted in France conceding a goal and not qualifying for the World Cup (boo hoo, diddums cheating French words removed but I digress...).

Houllier called him a criminal in an interview after the match.

Probably said already but Houllier had the right idea about that prick Ginola, that alone endears me to him.

What did he say about that prick Ginola? If it was suitably derogatory it further endears me to him too.

When Houllier was France manager, Ginola gave possession away cheaply which resulted in France conceding a goal and not qualifying for the World Cup (boo hoo, diddums cheating French words removed but I digress...).

Thanks, that sounds like the useless word removed I remember playing for us. Giving the ball away and making no effort to track back to try to atone for his failure.

In the 93rd minute against Bulgaria in 1993. A draw would have been enough for France to qualify for 1994 World Cup.

I think that Gerard Houllier would be the best choice out of all the candidates out there who are obviously available. His record of winning trophies is good and he is obviously widely respected within the game. I think those who wish for David Moyes and Martin Jol make a good shout. The problem would appear to be that they clearly are not available. I would imagine the reason that this is taking such a long time to resolve is that the people running the club are exploring every opportunity available to them. I would ask anybody who is slating the pending appointment of Gerard Houllier to tell me who out there is

1) Available

2) Is interested in the job

We can not possibly answer these questions as we have not spoken to any of the candidates. If you can tell me then please do so and tell me if they have a better managerial record than Gerard Houllier.

Also, what is the point in criticising Houllier before he has been given a chance. Whoever the board choose we need to get behind the manager of the team and the players 100%. This is the best way to take the club forward in my opinion.

I wasn't a big fan of Houllier but then he did used to manage Liverplop. I thought it was a bit harsh to blame Ginola for that goal, if you look at the video on YouTube just look at how crap the rest of the France team are in reacting to the Bulgarian team's breakaway.

However, having read a blog by the BBC's Phil McNulty I am definitely warming to the idea of him being our new boss.

Houllier obviously believes he can achieve success with us and that is a good thing. He may be 63 but I don't doubt he is still ambitious and wants to prove a point in the Premier League.

I believe this could be a very shrewd appointment. And out of the candidates we know were in the running, he is by far the best one available.

Bring on the French revolution!