Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Gratitude my arse.

If when Houllier's manager we lose a game, despite the fact that all the best/ in form players are on the pitch and we don't make any glaringly obvious mistakes. I'll always clap the team as the final whistle goes.

I'd like to think that a lot of other Villa fans would do the same.

However.. if Gabby and Ash get left on the bench and we play Heskey on the wing and James Collins upfront, I won't boo.. but I will feel a bit robbed of points.

Because that applies to MON how..?

You mentioned "try telling that to the people who continually slagged off a man who showed improved results, year on year".

I was mentioning a side of O'Neill's criticism that I thought was justified.

Maybe we have our wires crossed. But I think that criticising a manager who leaves your best rightback on the bench and plays an attacking partnership of Heskey and Carew is deserved.

I was a MON fan, I always backed him and gave him the benefit of the doubt. But having blind faith in the man and ignoring any faults would have been pointless.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let's think about it, Our transfer windows will be much, much , MUCH more entertaining! Even the general commented once saying "I'm sure you know who used to run the footbaslling side of things, as well as transfers and his timing etc." Hail the foreign signings! Bundles of talent around Europe for less and less wages!

Well let's think about it, Our transfer windows will be much, much , MUCH more entertaining! Even the general commented once saying "I'm sure you know who used to run the footbaslling side of things, as well as transfers and his timing etc." Hail the foreign signings! Bundles of talent around Europe for less and less wages!

Still need the money. Houllier must have been promised some in JAnuary I would think.

If anyone is unsure on Houllier (I certainly am), this brilliant, albeit bias, article might just calm your nerves. I am a lot more positive after it.

This is about the 7th time this article has been posted now!

I'm beginning to suspect I've got dementia 'cos I keep thinking to myself "I'm sure I've read this somewhere before"!

:lol: :confused:

Still need the money. Houllier must have been promised some in JAnuary I would think.

i think money has always been there just RL was sick of it been wasted

If there isn't 100% trust then get rid, no point in hanging around.

Just like I hope Houllier is trusted fully.

I'm sure everyone Houllier buys will perform brilliantly! Problem solved.

If there isn't 100% trust then get rid, no point in hanging around.

Just like I hope Houllier is trusted fully.

No one should be given trust - you EARN it :)

Villa_Insider

#AVFC Sorry, when I heard Houllier was confirmed I assumed he was in Birmingham. He's not here yet but is still confirmed as manager.

He's round big Phil's house having a cuppa catching up !!

lol has this villa insider guy got anything right so far?

It could be the case he is actually inside a cupboard wearing a Villa top.

How many chairs have been put out?

--

I have my reservations about his ability to push us on, but I've warmed to the idea now. I don't think we'll implode and suddenly become a useless middle of the road club, I think we'll still challenge as much as is possible.

It will be interesting to see who accompanies him in coaching roles.