Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me that we even have to debate whether our new manager will get 100% support to be honest. What would be the advantage to be gained by not supporting him?

None.

There's never really an advantage to not supporting the team but try telling that to the people who continually slagged off a man who showed improved results, year on year.

Without getting into a MON debate, I think the issue could have been that those improved results could have been even more improved.. if he hadn't been so stubborn with some of his choices.

Which, in my opinion, just goes to show a lack of gratitude.

Let's hope Houllier is subject to more realistic expectations.

So "Phil" me in someone. Is Thompson on his way as well?

Nobody "Nose"

Apparently turned us down, my feeling is that hes one of these guys the Gen talked about who check the feedback on the internet and realised no body wanted him. If thats the case hopefully he gives the website to Heskey....HESKEY YOUR **** SHIT.

Reports seem to be saying he's still in France and will be until tomorrow. Was sorting out stuff with the FFF from the sounds of things. I think I heard earlier the club will officially make a statement of it and then have a press conference tomorrow when he's in the country.

It amazes me that we even have to debate whether our new manager will get 100% support to be honest. What would be the advantage to be gained by not supporting him?

None.

There's never really an advantage to not supporting the team but try telling that to the people who continually slagged off a man who showed improved results, year on year.

Without getting into a MON debate, I think the issue could have been that those improved results could have been even more improved.. if he hadn't been so stubborn with some of his choices.

Gratitude my arse.

If when Houllier's manager we lose a game, despite the fact that all the best/ in form players are on the pitch and we don't make any glaringly obvious mistakes. I'll always clap the team as the final whistle goes.

I'd like to think that a lot of other Villa fans would do the same.

However.. if Gabby and Ash get left on the bench and we play Heskey on the wing and James Collins upfront, I won't boo.. but I will feel a bit robbed of points.

If it were to make any sense the expectations should be higher as Houllier has achieved more in the game has he not?

I don't think so because the expectations for MON were already too high and entirely unreasonable given the factors surrounding the club. Getting better each season was my expectation from MON and he delivered. Houllier should be treated the same but I think he deserves a summer at least to make a few transfers.

None.

Gratitude my arse.

If when Houllier's manager we lose a game, despite the fact that all the best/ in form players are on the pitch and we don't make any glaringly obvious mistakes. I'll always clap the team as the final whistle goes.

I'd like to think that a lot of other Villa fans would do the same.

However.. if Gabby and Ash get left on the bench and we play Heskey on the wing and James Collins upfront, I won't boo.. but I will feel a bit robbed of points.

Because that applies to MON how..?

The entire point of this site is to discuss and debate events and from what I've seen that is what people did about O'Neill.

Some opted to talk more about the things he got wrong than got right, which while some people may label that negative, fickle or one of various other labels I just see that as talking about how we could do better. Which seems better to me than always discussing the good things.

Yet this is some how viewed as being anti-O'Neill or negative or whatever is the phrase of the day.

I just see it as being a fairly typical football fan and always wanting more, wanting better and wanting to see your side improve.

For all this anti O'Neill stance there is supposed to have been I can only think of a tiny number of posters who wanted him out.

I find it ironic people accuse others of not being able to see the good when it would be just as easy to say others didn't see the bad.

It is though all now water under the bridge or should be, O'Neill walked, he wasn't pushed by the fans.

So I'd rather focus on looking forward rather than back, again its odd that the people that seem to moan about people only seeing the bad in O'Neill are only willing to look backwards rather than forwards.

So anyway.... back to Houllier

Whilst everybody loses their head you need some calm thinking personally think there isn't anything he hasn't looked at and not discounted anything . With how the previous Manager left 5 days folks before the start of the season Lerner did not panic took his time and I think got it right in the end .

I also think we aint in a bad state at all but it may see us having to go back a little to go forward .

Houllier is a good appointment and I am pleased to have him at VP .

Villa_Insider

#AVFC Sorry, when I heard Houllier was confirmed I assumed he was in Birmingham. He's not here yet but is still confirmed as manager.

He's round big Phil's house having a cuppa catching up !!

lol has this villa insider guy got anything right so far?

On paper he is taking over a good team with solid abse players like Young, Dunne, Gabby, Downing, Carew,Warnock, Luke Young and if he can add around these next few windows i think we will do well under him.

I would argue its a better team than Liverpool team he took over

With how the previous Manager left 5 days folks before the start of the season Lerner did not panic took his time and I think got it right in the end .

Im not sure how the last bit could be judged jsut yet though.

This evening earliest or tommorow morning/afternoon latest is when i think it'll be announced.

Rats! Was hoping it's be within the next two pages so that my prediction on the size of this thread would have been spot on! :(