Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after getting over the initial outrage I felt when he was first linked with the job I’ve kept a reasonably open mind and, after hearing glowing reports from fans and media alike, I can firmly say I'm now 100% behind Mr H (makes him sounds like a bond villain or a drug dealer :lol: ) and will give him my full support during his time at Villa.

It seems that everyone who has had dealings with him in the past regards him with the utmost respect and until proven otherwise i will do the same.

Welcome to The Villa Gerard.

a)

Brilliant quotes above. Exactly the guy I want at the Villa - reminds me of GT that does.

B)

think of Villa 100 times a day - you joking mate - I think of Villa EVERY MINUTE of the day. I have kids, I have a very responsible job (which I will be leaving for when I have posted this) , I have other interests - but when I am doing all the above - I am thinking , discussing, arguing about the Villa.

Now bog off bag to Small Heath ! - 7 posts since 2007 = do you erally think we are thick !

No I really don't think you are thick....just unable to spell!

7 posts since 2007..sorry better things to do.. but sometimes I do feel that some Villa fans are never happy.

I have stood/sat on the Holte since 1976 (we finished 4th that year by the way) and was in Rotterdam for the greatest football moment of my life.

Be happy supporting Villa...enjoy the ride winning is not the be all and end all....otherwise we would go and support Man Utd...we cannot change our team win or lose..so just go with the flow....

Did not mean to be disrespectful to anyone but it is only football...think about the boys in Afghanistan or the kids in Acorns for a moment....THAT is real life.

I understand your points. But if I'm bored at work I'd rather think about Villa than Afghanistan or Acorns.

At this point, I'd like to thank TheTrees for, yet again, using his knowledge to keep us all ahead of the game.

I'll take some of his credit off him, though, cos I was the first to do the "Gerard Houllier Corsica" google search :)

Flipping awesome.. someone was teasing me about Villa fans being thick the other day...soon put em right!

Couldn't beleive we'd got someone tracking Randy's jet!

Villa Le France!!!.......good news for Villa interested to see/hear what his backroom team will be. Hopefully still places for Sid,KMac,TMac?

And how long his contract will be.

Best appointment we could have made under the criteria set down by the club. Experienced, has an encylopedia knowledge of the game, lots of contacts on the continent, is highly respected, and has actually won things in this country.

Dont think we could have made a better choice, so im happy.

But lets see how much he is given for team strengthening and look forward to seeing whom the back room team will be.

Not wanting to dwell on old rumours but it seems we were in touch with Martin Jol after all

From Tribal Football (:evil:)

"I chose not to leave. There was serious interest, which came from Aston Villa and for three months previously at West Ham.

"But now the players will not leave. This is good. Ajax is still the best club in Holland," said Jol.

At this point, I'd like to thank TheTrees for, yet again, using his knowledge to keep us all ahead of the game.

I'll take some of his credit off him, though, cos I was the first to do the "Gerard Houllier Corsica" google search :)

I just send what I know for the VT analysts to de-code :winkold:

Given the difficulty if finding a manager at this time, I think that the club have made a top appointment and Houllier could be the man to take us to the next level.

Exciting times again...