Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I'm actually looking forward to this appointment now. I think Randy has done well, at a time when there is not much out there, to have approached an intelligent, experienced manager with excellent contacts in the game that can only be to Villa's benefit.

I've got a really positive feeling about the rest of the season and believe we could see some excellent Football being played at Villa. Would it be premature to even think about a bit of Silverware arriving in 2011?

It is time we all got behind the team as a group of fans. We didn't rush into a knee-jerk appointment, we haven't 'tapped' up another club's manager or had to fork out a huge release fee to get our man. The board have done this with the up-most respect and had dignity throughout the search.

I say well done Randy, you've proved to put the wellfare of this great club before your own personal glory and have made a very good decision. He stood up to a manager that saw him as a cash-cow and was, IMO, willing to see us plummet into debt to achieve a dream he harboured. As a club, we must operate within our means. I for one would rather see us finish 10th every season than do a Leeds chasing the impossible dream.

Up The Villa!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, I'd like to thank TheTrees for, yet again, using his knowledge to keep us all ahead of the game.

I'll take some of his credit off him, though, cos I was the first to do the "Gerard Houllier Corsica" google search :)

here here

well done thetrees and gazton 'magnum pi'

The thing is, people discuss moans & complaints more than they do a compliment.

It's bound to get on the radio because it'll create a bit of a discussion.

I reckon that 70/80 perfect of Villa fans are happy with Houllier, 10/20 percent are sceptical and then the remainder are unsure. But the press will pick up on the bad vibes.

Also, we end up discussing all the bad points on VT so it looks like we're all moaning!!

At this point, I'd like to thank TheTrees for, yet again, using his knowledge to keep us all ahead of the game.

I'll take some of his credit off him, though, cos I was the first to do the "Gerard Houllier Corsica" google search :)

Forgot about that snippet of information to be honest. Good call and Kudos to you both! :)

Yep, gotta say fair play and that. :D

To be announced today then?

Hopefully!

We were originally told by MM that it could be later in the week, but he wasn't sure.

"Villa Insider" on twitter, who I originally thought was making it up but actually now see as quite credible, says it's a done deal and that it should be announced Today.

We need MM to come on and give us any info he has!!

I reckon that 70/80 perfect of Villa fans are happy with Houllier, 10/20 percent are sceptical and then the remainder are unsure. But the press will pick up on the bad vibes.

Also, we end up discussing all the bad points on VT so it looks like we're all moaning!!

I am quite happy about it to be honest. At least we all know now and can move on.

there is more discussion about the negative side of things. You only need to look at Sky Sports news to see that.

the good things everyone goes 'yeah it was wal good innit' and move on, because we are all in agreement.

a)

Brilliant quotes above. Exactly the guy I want at the Villa - reminds me of GT that does.

B)

think of Villa 100 times a day - you joking mate - I think of Villa EVERY MINUTE of the day. I have kids, I have a very responsible job (which I will be leaving for when I have posted this) , I have other interests - but when I am doing all the above - I am thinking , discussing, arguing about the Villa.

Now bog off bag to Small Heath ! - 7 posts since 2007 = do you erally think we are thick !

No I really don't think you are thick....just unable to spell!

7 posts since 2007..sorry better things to do.. but sometimes I do feel that some Villa fans are never happy.

I have stood/sat on the Holte since 1976 (we finished 4th that year by the way) and was in Rotterdam for the greatest football moment of my life.

Be happy supporting Villa...enjoy the ride winning is not the be all and end all....otherwise we would go and support Man Utd...we cannot change our team win or lose..so just go with the flow....

Did not mean to be disrespectful to anyone but it is only football...think about the boys in Afghanistan or the kids in Acorns for a moment....THAT is real life.

I can tell you this has been exactly the case with Houllier.

Spoken to 'a source' (I don't mean to sound all in-the-know) and he acknowledged that his organisation exaggerated certain comments made on these boards by fans/the General.

I'll be on a bit more next week and post a few more little gems on here hopefully.

here here

well done thetrees and gazton 'magnum pi'

If I was Randy I'd make it worthwhile for thetrees not saying anything in the future!

Well done randy about time u got a manager. Come on Gerald lets start to win more games.. Gerald Houiller Claret blue army AVFC. UTV SOTC

Who is Gerald? :winkold:

a)

Brilliant quotes above. Exactly the guy I want at the Villa - reminds me of GT that does.

B)

think of Villa 100 times a day - you joking mate - I think of Villa EVERY MINUTE of the day. I have kids, I have a very responsible job (which I will be leaving for when I have posted this) , I have other interests - but when I am doing all the above - I am thinking , discussing, arguing about the Villa.

Now bog off bag to Small Heath ! - 7 posts since 2007 = do you erally think we are thick !

No I really don't think you are thick....just unable to spell!

7 posts since 2007..sorry better things to do.. but sometimes I do feel that some Villa fans are never happy.

I have stood/sat on the Holte since 1976 (we finished 4th that year by the way) and was in Rotterdam for the greatest football moment of my life.

Be happy supporting Villa...enjoy the ride winning is not the be all and end all....otherwise we would go and support Man Utd...we cannot change our team win or lose..so just go with the flow....

Did not mean to be disrespectful to anyone but it is only football...think about the boys in Afghanistan or the kids in Acorns for a moment....THAT is real life.

Good post mate although

Youve not endured a real life until youve spent 25 years crying about Alan Curbishley saying joining villa was the biggest mistake of his career like paulandonya has :winkold: