Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not wanting to dwell on old rumours but it seems we were in touch with Martin Jol after all

From Tribal Football (:evil:)

"I chose not to leave. There was serious interest, which came from Aston Villa and for three months previously at West Ham.

"But now the players will not leave. This is good. Ajax is still the best club in Holland," said Jol.

That makes me considerably happier.

Not wanting to dwell on old rumours but it seems we were in touch with Martin Jol after all

"I chose not to leave. There was serious interest, which came from Aston Villa and for three months previously at West Ham.

"But now the players will not leave. This is good. Ajax is still the best club in Holland," said Jol.

Jol was never going to leave his club in the lurch at this stage of the season. We would have to have kept KMac on till the summer if we were serious about having a crack at Jol or Moyes.

Jol was never going to leave his club in the lurch at this stage of the season. We would have to have kept KMac on till the summer if we were serious about having a crack at Jol or Moyes.

Why? Do you think been in the bottom half of the table would have helped us to get either of them?

People should have more faith in the board rather than just writing them off for being cheapskates!

(not saying you just pointing out)

No, people should be skeptical in my opinion.

a)

Brilliant quotes above. Exactly the guy I want at the Villa - reminds me of GT that does.

B)

think of Villa 100 times a day - you joking mate - I think of Villa EVERY MINUTE of the day. I have kids, I have a very responsible job (which I will be leaving for when I have posted this) , I have other interests - but when I am doing all the above - I am thinking , discussing, arguing about the Villa.

Now bog off bag to Small Heath ! - 7 posts since 2007 = do you erally think we are thick !

No I really don't think you are thick....just unable to spell!

7 posts since 2007..sorry better things to do.. but sometimes I do feel that some Villa fans are never happy.

I have stood/sat on the Holte since 1976 (we finished 4th that year by the way) and was in Rotterdam for the greatest football moment of my life.

Be happy supporting Villa...enjoy the ride winning is not the be all and end all....otherwise we would go and support Man Utd...we cannot change our team win or lose..so just go with the flow....

Did not mean to be disrespectful to anyone but it is only football...think about the boys in Afghanistan or the kids in Acorns for a moment....THAT is real life.

Ok mate, fair enough. I just did not like the general tone of your post and I will even apologise for calling you a small heath (You can write a sentence so you can't be). I think it was the Glory Hunting thing, as I stood watching the Billy Mcneil team I did not really think of Glory hunting tbh at the time.

We are all on the same side after all (us Vs everyone else) so we must keep that in mind. With my ADHD and ADD I can think of 4756 things per hour so giving the Villa a small % of that is not a problem, that's what makes my posts so truly mental / thought provoking* / world changing *

:D

* Could be bolox :D

Why? Do you think been in the bottom half of the table would have helped us to get either of them?

No, I'm saying the only chance we would have had was if we were approaching them at the start of the summer and offering them a transfer window with funds. Then they may consider leaving their current jobs.

If we were going to do that then we couldn't appoint a perminent manager wilst telling him he only had 9 months before he would be replaced.

Getting Houllier is preferable to that scenario IMO.

People should have more faith in the board rather than just writing them off for being cheapskates!

And they've done what to warrant not trusting them?

You shouldn't be just blind to thinking all they do will be good, but some of the grief they got was a joke.

You shouldn't be just blind to thinking all they do will be good, but some of the grief they got was a joke.

There was little evidence of us pursuing the right kind of appointments. Now there is.

I don't think I gave them much grief in all honesty, and if thats your issue, have it out with some of the hysteria merchants who did give them jokesome grief :mrgreen:

7 posts hmmm !!

Insinuating I am a glory hunter (good one)! So I am a glory hunting Villa fan now ? So you want us not to win things then, what a surprise.

VOIDs, You have time to post on local rival teams boards about other fans posts and you tell me about VOIDs, lol. Some people on VT post 100's or even 1000's of posts a week. Small Heath is that way >>>>>>>>>>

:cry:

Dont worry mate, seems like a pretty ignorant post to me.

I'm constantly thinking about villa, infact I'm always risking my job just to be constantly refreshing VT / sky sports news to find everything last bit of info I can about Villa. I'm always thinking about what is going on.

I dont think we are minorities either.

There was little evidence of us pursuing the right kind of appointments. Now there is.

I don't think I gave them much grief in all honesty, and if thats your issue, have it out with some of the hysteria merchants who did give them jokesome grief :mrgreen:

Why should they go around appeasing hysterical fans just to prove they are up to the job, it would be counter productive in so many ways.

I never said you did, see initial post in the brackets.

I'm glad we made an approach for Jol, as I consider him to be a great manager, but fair enough if he wanted to stay at Ajax. I think if they hadn't made the CL then it would have been a different story. Never mind.