Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 63-year-old had been expected to be confirmed as Martin O’Neill’s replacement at Villa Park today or tomorrow, but the deal has been delayed over some minor complications which club officials are confident of smoothing out in the next 48 hours.

EXCELLENT!

Moyes must be resigning

:twisted:

lets look at houlliers strengths, massive name, known all around the globe. bigger contacts will be able to attract star names that mon couldnt outside the uk. he is defensive but has worked with big players and all the fringe players will get a chance.

as for thompson dont really like him, but he is an outsanding coach believe me. as long a t hey get results who cares?

bring on the revolution!

where does the appointment of GH and Thommo leave Kev Mac i wonder?.
Hopefully back where he was before all of this mess. There's no reason to go near the successful reserve/academy setup and Thommo will know K-Mac better than most so I don't think he'll be out on his ear.

i wouldn't like to see him get the boot either,though i can see GH wanting to change the youth set up in the future.i just get the feeling that maybe Thommo and Kev will work together on the training ground with the first team.maybe gordon cowans will take on a larger role with the youth set up..

if we get him, we will have hired above ourselves IMO.

if we get him, we would not have hired above ourselves IMO. Given his C.V. I can't imagine him being a contender for any club above our level. We're about as good as he could do. I have been talking to the French guy in work who follows french football and he's been saying Houillier is rubbish.

I think he was shortlisted for the sha job actually before Mcleish. He was most definietly strongly linked to that role IIRC

i have no recollection of this, and a google search reveals nothing.

Perhaps you remember incorrectly ?

The 63-year-old had been expected to be confirmed as Martin O’Neill’s replacement at Villa Park today or tomorrow, but the deal has been delayed over some minor complications which club officials are confident of smoothing out in the next 48 hours.

EXCELLENT!

Moyes must be resigning

:twisted:

Or more likely GH wants to be the manager and RL wants him as DOF.

l

as for thompson dont really like him, but he is an outsanding coach believe me.

An outstanding coach says who? that outstanding a coach he hasn't coached in 6 years.

6 long years. That could hurt us badly.

Crazy appointment for me, this.

I've missed a few pages of this thread and don't have access to Sky Sports News anymore so can someone tell me where all the Phil Thompson talk has come from? Is he going to be Houllier's assistant?

Just people putting 2+2 together and coming up with concorde face

Lets not forget Thompson said only a few weeks ago Villa were overachieving being 6th in the league. If he does come with Gerard maybe the club will have to come out and issue a new set of standards to which we're now aiming so Phil doesnt get any big ideas about trying to overachieve

Its probably already been said but just in case, Thommo won 2 manager of the month awards when he took the reigns at Liverpool. I'm warming to the idea of him and GH at Villa Park.

Will there be enough time to make any loan signings?

if we get him, we will have hired above ourselves IMO.

if we get him, we would not have hired above ourselves IMO. Given his C.V. I can't imagine him being a contender for any club above our level. We're about as good as he could do. I have been talking to the French guy in work who follows french football and he's been saying Houillier is rubbish.

I think he was shortlisted for the sha job actually before Mcleish. He was most definietly strongly linked to that role IIRC
I knew there was some link Found it

Not exactly a strong link, looks like a case of 2 + 2 = 476 to me, Steve MacManaman was involved in the takeover, therefore who can we link with replacing McLeish...oh yes how about Houlier.

Amazing how you interpret a garbage item on some crap website with being Strongly linked. Perhaps this just suits your anti board agenda ?

l

as for thompson dont really like him, but he is an outsanding coach believe me.

An outstanding coach says who? that outstanding a coach he hasn't coached in 6 years.

I've not rode a bike in about 6 years, but I bet I can still get on one and ride it like it was yesterday since I rode it last.