Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that the reason Houllier sold Carew was because he felt that Benzema was a similar player and he wanted to play him.

Houllier certainly wouldnt be my choice, but we didn't seem to have many options so seems like the kind of manager that we could help set up scouting etc, and if he doesn't do very well we would have a bigger pool of managers to pick from the end of the season.

Why would anyone want Houllier ? The man used to play Heskey on the left wing and bought El Hadj Diouf and Salif Diao for a total of £15 million !! He is rubbish IMO...

El Hadj Diouf is a good player IMO, he's just a hothead....Maybe he paid too much money for him, but you can't say MON didn't buy players for money then they're worth...We still have them at the club.

I'm worried.

For me I'm at the stage of not having a clue who I do want, but knowing fully who I don't want. Houiller is one those I think would fail here. We've still got the core of a really strong side, if this manager has a bad first 4 months, God help us with when teams come-a-calling for Young and Gabs. You're kidding if you think Young will stick around if we're 12th and Spurs looking strong floating around 4th start making noises they want him.

I really hope I'm wrong because it seems like Houiller is the one now.

Why do you think he would fail? He's a very experienced and successful manager

I don't think he's inhereiting a really strong side either - we've got a few decent players but we a still some way short of serious competing for CL places in any sustained way.

I will be happy with mid-table this year given the upheaval of the last few weeks and hope that GH can mould the team into something that can challenge top 6 or even CL next season

FFS give the bloke a chance

Have to agree with this. The new manager will not be inheriting the core a strong side.

He will have a lot of work to do, firstly to rid us of the likes of Heskey, Sidwell, Davies, Freidal (one season left), Beye, Salifou, Reo and Carew.

Secondly, to replace those players with better quality, yet still keeping our wage structure in check.

Finally, to change the way we play to put more arses on seats. This will only happen when the new manager buys the right type of player to promote more of a passing game within our side.

If it is Houllier then I look forward to us buying a few French youth talents!

We could be the new Arsenal.. but without the style

the new Arsenal??.do you think they get all them youth players for free or something,they pay shite loads for there youth players and have a massive wage bill because of it.

the new Arsenal??.do you think they get all them youth players for free or something,they pay shite loads for there youth players and have a massive wage bill because of it.

This site is a laugh isn't it!!! some people can see the negative in everything

Trophies??!!!??? do you know how much Silver polish costs these days!!!!

This site is a laugh isn't it!!! some people can see the negative in everything

Trophies??!!!??? do you know how much Silver polish costs these days!!!!

Silver polish, they've never heard of it at sha :lol:

Why would anyone want Houllier ? The man used to play Heskey on the left wing and bought El Hadj Diouf and Salif Diao for a total of £15 million !! He is rubbish IMO...

El Hadj Diouf is a good player IMO, he's just a hothead....Maybe he paid too much money for him, but you can't say MON didn't buy players for money then they're worth...We still have them at the club.

To be fair to Houllier, Heskey was very good at Liverpool and Diouf had been really good in france followed by a really good world cup. Diao i have no excuses for.

Just covered my Houllier bets on betfair in case he becomes DOF. hes now 4/ll

The new arsenal.... lol do u not remember the football liverpool played under Houllier. Ultra defensive negative shit he made MON's style of football look pleasing on the eye
oh,it was shocking alright,not at all pleasing to watch.lets hope he's changed his style from back then i suppose.

The new arsenal.... lol do u not remember the football liverpool played under Houllier. Ultra defensive negative shit he made MON's style of football look pleasing on the eye

Hence why I said "without the style"... :?

I don't know why people come on a forum if they can't read.

Yes, I know players cost money fran. Hence I said "buy" and not "get for free"...

Also, I thought Arsenal had a wage structure like ours.

Hence why I said "without the style"... :?

I don't know why people come on a forum if they can't read.

Yes, I know players cost money fran. Hence I said "buy" and not "get for free"...

Also, I thought Arsenal had a wage structure like ours.

the younger players are ment to be on mad money to get them to the club.anyway if going by GH time at liverpool is anything to go by,and french talent he brought in was shite..

Who's dragging their heels here? SSN are still saying he's 'deciding' whether to take the job, but maybe its the club that are waiting till the death, just in case one of their top targets jumps ship?

Whatever, its gone on way too long now :yawn:

the younger players are ment to be on mad money to get them to the club.anyway if going by GH time at liverpool is anything to go by,and french talent he brought in was shite..

Plus to become the new arsenal you have to be a master at underhand tactics of tapping up the young prospects around the world with back handers.

I'm just sick of some fans moaning about Villa and the board etc on the SSN website - so I thought I'd put this up (hope it gets published)

"GH is the best man for the job - not only can he improve our young players but he can also bring in new transfers with his excellent scouting team and with talk of big phil coming on board its a BONUS. We would of never got Klinsmann unless we was in the CL and I'd rather have GH over Sven or curbs! Some fans want to wake up and smell the coffee! MON walked out, deal with it! Under MON we wouldn't be playing some great football at home and the likes of Luke would have been long gone. This season so far, he has looked awesome with Albrighton and he is like a new signing for us. GH is our boss and will bring the best out of Villa and if you 'so called fans' can't deal with it then go support the Baggies! They love a good moan!"