Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

the younger players are ment to be on mad money to get them to the club.anyway if going by GH time at liverpool is anything to go by,and french talent he brought in was shite..

Plus to become the new arsenal you have to be a master at underhand tactics of tapping up the young prospects around the world with back handers.

the good thing is though,you do get extra time in the transfer window,that should help eh :lol: ..

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houllier will at least get the respect of the players and will probably still be able to attract good players to the club, that's if he's not just a stop gap measure.

Plus he looks like my Nan, which gets the :thumb: for me.

At last someone comes up with a logical reason why we are intersted in Houllier.

Id been strongly against the appointment - but the fact that he looks like clarets nan is softening the blow.

the younger players are ment to be on mad money to get them to the club.anyway if going by GH time at liverpool is anything to go by,and french talent he brought in was shite..

Fran, the point I'm making is not that "He is French, therefore he will buy French"... the point I'm making is that he's been working with the development of French youth for the past few years IIRC..

So if we decide that we need to buy a striker/ a back-up leftback/ a new defensive midfielder we might buy a French Fabian Delph instead of a Steve Sidwell.

Well the simple reason why Arsenal get the great young Fench players is not because he has the best talent scouting,simply because he pays them ridiculous wages like £30K a week for a 17 yr old unknown,every club on the planet knows about these young French superstars but nobody else will offer them the ridiculous contracts like Arsenal do and that includes Manchester United oh and by the way this stement was not from me but from the great Sir Alex....

I'm just sick of some fans moaning about Villa and the board etc on the SSN website - so I thought I'd put this up (hope it gets published)

"GH is the best man for the job - not only can he improve our young players but he can also bring in new transfers with his excellent scouting team and with talk of big phil coming on board its a BONUS. We would of never got Klinsmann unless we was in the CL and I'd rather have GH over Sven or curbs! Some fans want to wake up and smell the coffee! MON walked out, deal with it! Under MON we wouldn't be playing some great football at home and the likes of Luke would have been long gone. This season so far, he has looked awesome with Albrighton and he is like a new signing for us. GH is our boss and will bring the best out of Villa and if you 'so called fans' can't deal with it then go support the Baggies! They love a good moan!"

so us fans that dont want GH should go support someone else because we dont share the say opinion as you,i'll be here long after GH to support Villa and i'll ssupport them while he's here,but i dont have to like him,his style of football or the people he brings in with him..

Fran, we get it....You don't like Houllier.

Change the record?

eh,i didnt ask for you're opinion did i?.

You don't need to ask.

I honestly can't wait till Houllier accepts the AV managers job, just to see how annoyed you really get.

i'm not annoyed now,or will i be when he gets here,so you'll be left waiting,i dont share the same opinion as you get over it..

Change the record?

You don't need to ask.

I honestly can't wait till Houllier accepts the AV managers job, just to see how annoyed you really get.

I honestly hope that Houllier turns us down

so us fans that dont want GH should go support someone else because we dont share the say opinion as you,i'll be here long after GH to support Villa and i'll ssupport them while he's here,but i dont have to like him,his style of football or the people he brings in with him..

At least you given the bloke a fair chance and not taken an irrational, instant dislike to him

A well-respected, vastly experienced manager who has been successful at the highest level - what a disaster

Change the record?

You don't need to ask.

If he does, who do you think we should get?

And we get who?

Baring in mind all the good managers are currently in work and regardless of how much we pay their employers might not want to come anyway.

So are you willing to give Houllier a chance if he accepts the job?

The worst thing about appointing Houllier, and this is an observation rather than an opinion, is that such a move already appears to have divided the fans as opposed to us all cartwheeling with delight around B6 with unbridled joy at such a coup.

You had best start warming to Gerard as it's looking more and more likely.

Structure wise, if given the chance, I think he will set some decent seeds and at the very least overhaul an ancient scouting system.

As for the actual football, we've hardly been blessed with it over the last 4 years or more have we.

Phil Thompson to be assistant.

That's just rumours atm, but that will not stop people slating him and it hasn't.

Phil Thomson as on numerous occasions shown contempt for Aston Villa during his media work. Last time being only a couple of weeks ago when discussing Aston Villa on Soccer Saturday when he said in a very condescending tone something a long the lines of " this is Aston Villa we are talking about they over achieved under Martin O'Neill and they need to remember that "

If people are happy to have a prick like Thomson at our football club then god help us.