Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a nasty rumour started by a Sky Sports journo that Phil Brown is at VP.

Jesus Wept!

Yuss!

I've been mentioning Brown every 30 pages or so for the past 200 pages.

Just think of the money we'll save, we won't need changing rooms anymore.

There is a nasty rumour started by a Sky Sports journo that Phil Brown is at VP.

Jesus Wept!

Yuss!

I've been mentioning Brown every 30 pages or so for the past 200 pages.

Just think of the money we'll save, we won't need changing rooms anymore.

Lerner will not even need to make the ground bigger either, infact he could take out alot of the seats.

Day off work and been lying around thinking who would be ideal for our next manager. We need someone with experience. Someone who could organise the shambles we are at the moment. Play a system which would make us hard to beat yet still be able to play good passing football. Someone who the players would respect and want to impress, especially the younger players like Gabby, Albrighton and Bannon. Someone also who would attract players to our club with only a few days left of the transfer window. What about Terry Venables. Maybe just to hold the fort for us until someone else became available who would have the same stature as Venables but a bit younger.

I've resigned myself to the strong liklihood that we wont get a manager in before next Wednesday. I just hope whoever we eventually appoint is the right person. There's no saying we can't do well this seaosn if we get our act together soon.

Jesus Wept!

What would that say about the club in your opinion IF we appointed Phil Brown
it would say more than keeping Kev as first team manager,we need someone that has managed in the Prem before,someone that will bring a back room staff with him,that will let Kev get back to what he does best,and thats the reserves..

Despite all the press (and fan) pressure on the board to get a new man in ASAP, I still think we need to be very careful and not rush.

We all want the best, and Everton is only one game, only 3 points. If we rush and get the wrong man (like bloomin' Brown) it'll hurt is much more in the long run and come Jan Young will be off and the Gabby to City/Spurs/Liverpool bandwagon will begin to roll ready for our annual 'Best Player Leaves Every Summer' parade.

Stating the obvious, it's a massive decision. I'm not quite sure someone like Hitzfeld would be the right man. He's got a good CV and loads of experience but imagine what it's like to be a player. You've had 5 years of Robertson and Walford making training really fun and improving players individually with a bit of 1-on-1 stuff, then got serious on matchdays with a psycho Ulsterman. I think Hitzfeld's brand of (what I imagine is) ultra-serious style may not fit our youngish squad, I think it would stamp out our yoof's exuberance.

Not a clue who would work, but I know I'd rather have Hitzfeld than Big Bob or Southgate or Brown. Typing as I think now, and I don't really think a lower league man/lesser known manager would work either to be honest. The state we're in with the press hounding at us, waiting for us to crumble and our team be dismantled, we need a name. I hate that phrase - 'A Name'. But I think if a bit of a unknown came into the job, unless they had an incredible start, the morale would be at an all time low and certain players would be handing in transfer requests or counting down the days to Jan 1 so they can jog off to White Hart Lane.

Jesus Wept!

What would that say about the club in your opinion IF we appointed Phil Brown

I would be disappointed but as many gave MON a whole season to prove himself why should the next manager be different?

I also have a little bit more faith in Randy, as he done nothing in the past which has been poor for the club.

why should the next manager be different?

Dont you think that depends upon who he is though, his experience, his record ?

For example would you be happy to give, say, Barry Fry a season?