Match Thread

andykeenan

Did people really expect us to win this game? I looked at the teams at the start and thought that we would comfortably get beat. I don't even think our best 11 would have had much better chance against the Benfica line up tonight.

Having said all that, it would have been better for us if we had at least done the basics right with the second and third goals. Friedel should never have pushed that shot back into the path of their attacker for the second and the wall for the third was never positioned correctlty, although there was nothing Friedel could have done with the actual shot as it was in the top corner!

I completely forgot about this until I checked that live score shite on the official website. Losing 3-0 sounds pretty bad. I hope MON takes from this that our squad still does indeed improving and we can't just rely on the youngsters!

On the other hand, Benfica are an awesome team!

I'm not laughing, nor am I overly concerned. This is a shadow of the team that will play against Wet Spam in a couple of weeks.

This is a run out and an exercise of fitness.

I know it's a shadow and I'm not 'overly' concerned, but we're watching the game so we may aswell call it as we see it. Otherwise why watch? Fact is the players (6 of which are regulars), have been battered. I think we probably slightly underestimated Benfica :)

yes it is only a friendly and i wont be concerned too much by the result.

but i would like to see some effort, some passing, maybe a shot?

the thing that concerns me is that although i know this is a weakened side, its not that far from the side some would have had us put out for the sake of rotation.

2 games in 24 hours is a bit ridiculous, so i wasnt expecting too much.

cant help feeling disappointed at the moment though

We know it's a f**king friendly!! Are we not allowed to be concerned at our team's level of sharpness? Or should we be happy and laughing at a 3-0 half time hiding like some of you?
Yes we should be happy, and dancing in the streets! The six a side team that I manage has gone top of the league tonight by thrashing the previous league leaders, even though they bought in a couple of top ringers to try and deal with us!!!! I just had to tell the world, or at least Villa Talk which is the same thing in my humdrum existence, :lol:

I'm not laughing, nor am I overly concerned. This is a shadow of the team that will play against Wet Spam in a couple of weeks.

This is a run out and an exercise of fitness.

I know it's a shadow and I'm not 'overly' concerned, but we're watching the game so we may aswell call it as we see it. Otherwise why watch? Fact is the players (6 of which are regulars), have been battered. I think we probably slightly underestimated Benfica :)

I agree. I personally forgot how many good players they have :shock:

6 regulars, BTW? Friedel, Petrov, Dunne, Young and who else?