Match Thread

andykeenan

Yep, should be an interesting line up.

I reckon it'll be big Brads turn in goal, but I think we used most of the other players yesterday - maybe Delfouneso and Gabby up front - Ashley played a long time yesterday, I'm not sure he'll start, ditto Albrighton so it'll be interesting on the flanks.

Having players play more than an hour on consecutive days in this heat can't be good for them surely, so the line up will definitely be worth taking a look at.

Is there any reason why Collins wasnt involved in he Feyenord game? (Ive been away on holiday) I'd imagine that he'd be featuring heavily.

wel he went off with a calf injury (i think) after 3 mins against walsall.

perhaps they are being careful?

It's almost like (and this may be wishful thinking here...) he's getting Albrighton used to playing in the side. He has probably played the most minutes of any player in pre-season so far; and that can only bode well for his prospects this season - if MON is taking a really close look at him. He can't have done himself any harm last night with a goal & assist in a 3-1 win. More of the same against what will no doubt be a much stronger Benfica side who will also definitely want to win the competition on home soil. Would like to see what Barry Batman could do too. Don't think the Portugeezers would intimidate him size wise.

Team

Friedel; L Young, Cuellar, Dunne, Shorey; Albrighton, Petrov, Sidwell, A Young, Delfouneso, Heskey. Subs: Carew, Guzan, Weimann, Warnock, Clark, Bannan, Davies, Lichaj, Beye, Downing, Reo-Coker.

Luke Young is a pleasant surprise, not sure about Cuellar, Petrov and Young starting after nearly 80 minutes yesterday. Delfouneso and Heskey will be an interesting partnership up front.

Hope Gabby is okay, he's becoming a worry for the start of the season.

Fingers crossed for no new injuries, I think we'll draw this in 90 minutes.

I think the Delfo-Heskey pairing will be fine..I'm interested in seeing Petrov-Sidwell together in the middle.

They did pretty well at start of last season before Sidwell was dropped to accomadate Milner in the middle and downing out wide.