Barry Bannan

villianusa

No Johnny Williams either. Not even on the substitute bench.

Warnock went with power (Jedinak, Ledley) and pace (Puncheon, Bolasie, Campbell) for counter-attack tactics on 24% possession.

If you only have 24% possession you don't need Bannan or Williams. They need to play for the clubs who seek dominate possession. Whether that is England or abroad I don't know.

Over the course of a season the teams that have more of the possession end up higher in the table so it's not as if Bannan and Williams do not possess valuable traits for teams looking to push to the next level.

I don't believe you.

I can believe that.

If you were Barry Bannan you would struggle to believe in the positives right now.

Perhaps he should not make any effort at all to improve? He'll never be as fast, athletic and powerful as the naturally fast, athletic and powerful players.

Crystal Palace have discovered the formula for staying in the Premier League and he's not in it.

I really think both Bannan and Williams if they can't join Swansea in January, and they have some ambition, should move to another league: Seria A, Ligue One or La Liga.

Championship would still be too physical.

I think you are Bannan.

• Like 1

Warnock went with power (Jedinak, Ledley) and pace (Puncheon, Bolasie, Campbell) for counter-attack tactics on 24% possession.

If you only have 24% possession you don't need Bannan or Williams. They need to play for the clubs who seek dominate possession. Whether that is England or abroad I don't know.

Over the course of a season the teams that have more of the possession end up higher in the table so it's not as if Bannan and Williams do not possess valuable traits for teams looking to push to the next level.

I don't believe you.

I can believe that.

If you were Barry Bannan you would struggle to believe in the positives right now.

Perhaps he should not make any effort at all to improve? He'll never be as fast, athletic and powerful as the naturally fast, athletic and powerful players.

Crystal Palace have discovered the formula for staying in the Premier League and he's not in it.

I really think both Bannan and Williams if they can't join Swansea in January, and they have some ambition, should move to another league: Seria A, Ligue One or La Liga.

May be he should do ballet instead

I don't believe you.

I can believe that.

Perhaps he should not make any effort at all to improve? He'll never be as fast, athletic and powerful as the naturally fast, athletic and powerful players.

Its one thing having ambition, but you need to be good enough for good teams to want you.

So that is 4 managers at Palace that haven't picked Bannan, 5 if you include Millen's two spell's as caretaker.

Like I said in the pulis thread, all Warnock being in charge means, for Bannan, is that the list of managers that don't consider him good enough will grow.

5 managers at Palace. At least 4 at Villa.

Weird how none of them can see how good he is.

So that is 4 managers at Palace that haven't picked Bannan, 5 if you include Millen's two spell's as caretaker.

Like I said in the pulis thread, all Warnock being in charge means, for Bannan, is that the list of managers that don't consider him good enough will grow.

5 managers at Palace. At least 4 at Villa.

Weird how none of them can see how good he is.

Plus all the Scottish managers that put Morrison ahead of him.

It was 2:2 after 90' and the third goal came from a header inside the six-yard box. I think the second-string Palace defence, which also conceded a penalty, was more likely at fault. The fact Bannan's side still managed 2 goals without their most influential defenders, without Jedinak, against a strong Newcastle XI is a positive for him.

It is a shame that now they are out of the Capital One cup he won't play again this season to show off his world class abilities to the world.

He may have shown enough tonight to get back on the bench. 

Consider the midfield four

Zaha    Guédioura    Bannan   Williams (Kaikai - 80' ) 

then

Zaha     Guédioura      Bannan      Kaikai

Bannan and Williams is what you call a lightweight midfield and the 19-year-old debut winger Kaikai hardly helped the defense out there when he came on. And we all know how hard Zaha works at his defensive duties (/src).

against

Obertan Colback  Abeid  Ameobi (Sissoko - 67' )

then 

Obertan   Colback   Sissoko   Abeid 

So they equalised to 2 : 2 even after Sissoko had come on early to strengthen the Newcastle midfield.

Bannan played in the centre with Guédioura and two wingers who were hopeless defensively, and they drew the match 2:2 in normal time against Colback and Sissoko. 

He is definitely an alternative option in the centre with a strong defensive midfielder like Jedinak.

Edited by Con

It is a shame that now they are out of the Capital One cup he won't play again this season to show off his world class abilities to the world.

Consider the midfield four

Zaha    Guédioura    Bannan   Williams (Kaikai - 80' ) 

then

Zaha     Guédioura      Bannan      Kaikai

Bannan and Williams is what you call a lightweight midfield and the 19-year-old debut winger Kaikai hardly helped the defense out there when he came on. And we all know how hard Zaha works at his defensive duties (/src).

against

Obertan Colback  Abeid  Ameobi (Sissoko - 67' )

then 

Obertan   Colback   Sissoko   Abeid 

So they equalised to 2 : 2 even after Sissoko had come on early to strengthen the Newcastle midfield.

Bannan played in the centre with Guédioura and two wingers who were hopeless defensively, and they drew the match 2:2 in normal time against Colback and Sissoko. 

He is definitely an alternative option in the centre with a strong defensive midfielder like Jedinak.

Getting back on Crystal Palace's bench. The mark of a top, top player.

• Like 1