Barry Bannan

villianusa

"Bannan is a cross between David Beckham and Iniesta"

Obviously Con knows more than Lambert.

Edited by Daniel

"Bannan is a cross between David Beckham and Iniesta"

Obviously Con knows more than Lambert.

I didn't write that. It's written by someone pretending to be me, using text from this piece that I did write

http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=139291&p=1749137#p1749137

I bet it was lol.

Teams win football matches with Bannan on the pitch, even at international level. Hopefully Paul offers him a better contract.

Simplistic football fans will never see the value of him.

The Bannan Effect is probably related to his desire to win. His value is greater than the sum of his obvious parts. That's what makes him an enigma to some fans.

They add 1+1 and figure 2, when it's actually 11.

Saying this causes a mini-riot. Not sure why because it's only a footballer.

This is by a margin as wide as a Bannan miss the funniest thing I have read this year. Bravo.

Scotland midfielder Barry Bannan: We can now put England in their place

10 Jun 2013 09:18

SCOTLAND overturned the odds on Friday against Croatia and the Aston Villa man believes they can now beat England on their own patch.

Bannan, having shone against the Croats, now has a big chance of being part of the set-up for the clash.

Strachan has vowed to stick by his Zagreb heroes and the Aston Villa ace insists he’d relish the opportunity.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/midfielder-barry-bannan-believes-scotland-1942920

If anyone wants to maintain any sense of sanity, they will mark this thread as read and never come here again.

If anyone wants to maintain any sense of sanity, they will mark this thread as read and never come here again.

The problem the reader faces is that your mind is totally blown away, scrambled & disabled by the complete & utter bullshit & hyperbole that smashes into your brain upon entry here that you are then simply rendered completely incapable of marking the thread as read :)

I believe there is no known antidote? :(

• Like 1

Just reading the thoughts of Palace fans, many seem not keen, many think he would be an ok addition, then I found this:

Hello

I have seen that you are interested in signing Barry Bannan from my club Aston Villa.

First up the fans on the forum I use are gutted about him leaving, we see him as the best talent we have ever produced, unfortunately though because Bannan has been treated badly by the fans he has to move on.

There is no doubt his world class crossing ability, passing ability and win percentage will keep you up next season.

Bannan is a cross between David Beckham and Iniesta and the bad news for you is, as soon as he gets his fitness, he will move on for a lot of money, I think £20m.

Last night he was the key player as Scotland beat Croatia, being the attacking force through the game, with a massive pass and cross percentage against the 4th best team in the world, it was unrivaled.

The commentator called it the best performance from a Scottish player for 50 years.

This pass against Ipswich in the FA Cup is a typical Bannan play. This is where he likes to be and what he likes to do.

[Link]

Bannan also likes to attempt "hollywood balls" - like this one.

[Link]

Some statistics for last season.

Bannan started 18 games and, including substitute appearances, played 1705 minutes of football.

Of the games he started: we won 6, drew 4, and lost 8. We won 33.3% of games he started, while the team won 26.3% of 38 games played in the season.

His crossing accuracy finished the best in the Premier League, 52/114, which is 44.7%.

His passing accuracy is not great at 80.7%. This is the speed of the Premier League and his decision making. He tries too hard to make the hard pass.

Bannan finished the season with 34 key passes, the most of all our midfielders. He only gained 1 official assist over the season, though Fantasy Premier League count 3 for him on this score. I think he was simply unlucky not to get more assists, he created many good chances that weren't taken.

Nobody wants him to go, but it is for the best of his career.

Good luck Barry!

I don't need to point out that this is supposed to be a parody which incorporates some text I actually wrote for the Swansea forum.

Far braver than me in getting the point across that Bannan would be worth having.

Like that isn't you.

Embarrassing to bring it to people's attention to as a way of proving your non-guilt!

This thread keeps getting better - thread of the year already for me! :)

Rave reviews continue to pour in -

More than just flight of fancy as Bannan earns Strachan stripes
MichaelGrant-wee.jpg
Chief football writer
Monday 10 June 2013
IF beating Croatia in Zagreb was not enough to restore some much-needed belief in what had been a beleaguered and bruised Scotland set-up, then a small but revealing anecdote emerged after the game which should add another little layer of encouragement.
21306634.JPG
Barry Bannan had a quiet game in Zagreb but impressed manager Gordon Strachan with his efforts in training. Picture: SNS

"I was also meant to go away on a golfing holiday with some of the Villa boys this week but I cancelled that, too. Coming away and winning another cap with Scotland beats anything on a golf course."

Bannan was efficient enough on the left of the three in Strachan's 4-2-3-1 system in the Maksimir Stadium but what had been just as significant, for him, was the work he put in on Scottish and Croatian training fields in the days before the match. He caught Strachan's eye and impressed him, earning the rewards of not only a cap but a start.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/more-than-just-flight-of-fancy-as-bannan-earns-strachan-stripes.21293272