Barry Bannan

villianusa

The Swansea fans crack me up...

Darran wrote:

jackdaripper wrote:

Even his f*****g name is sh1t ... sounds like Ken Barlow is his poxy dad, Im starting to see why Laudrup has got the right hump.

That would be Barry Barlow you thick word removed.

if I ever see you down the football in your chair Im gunna p!ss in your ugly face ewe facking turd smoker

• Like 1

Love Con or hate him you've got to say he's done a fantastic job on selling Bannan to those gullible welsh mugs.

Perhaps that was Con's ulterior motive all along. He knew right from the word go that Bannan was always going to be a load of old tosh so he created all those heat maps & stats etc etc in the hope that someone somewhere would believe him & take piss poor Bannan from off of our hands. Now I see it all.

It all makes so much sense now.

Cheers Con, you are an absolute genius. :cheers:

Why couldn't you have thought up this idea when crap **** Heskey was on our books?

Oh & please! please! For Godsake don't anybody else go on the Swansea message boards to contradict Con.

Let them find out for themselves what a Con Merchant he is! ;)

Think Bannan may fit Swansea style and he'll do well for them. Hope everyone accepts that this is a possibility and won't be cursing the men who sold him if it happens??

No. It's one of those things he could not develop his entire game quickly enough for us.

It would be nice to have a first-buy back option as part of the deal. Although we probably couldn't afford him if he really got that good.

If he goes then I wish him luck, he's always put in the effort when selected regardless of whether he's played well or not.

Despite all the criticism, i think he's a decent footballer but it suits both parties if he finds another club.

Not the worst player we have ever had, but certainly not a player I have looked at and thought 'world class in the making' he was only ever going to be a mid-class player, somebody who at his peak would be a decent addition to amid table team. Not enough assists, not enough goals, easily taken off the ball, doesn't commit enough to challenges, always got too many very off queue passes on him, which is not countered by his best assets.

He has a good pass, but a lot of the time these are hit into easy positions(space out wide) and not into attacking situations, or not into the feet of strikers to run in on goal. I'd keep him as a back-up player but he's not shown enough for first team in the last three seasons to be considered good enough to play as one of the first choice midfielders.

Players who have stepped up from lower leagues here and in France have shown more in less time, do it is no wonder PL has decided to let him go.

To any Swansea fan visiting this post:

In Barry Bannan you are getting the greatest player of all time. His Corner kicks & general set plays are out of this world. His passing game both long & short are truly amazing. He is a better dribbler than George Best, a better goalscorer than Pele, a better tackler than Patrick Viera, better in Goal than Peter Schmeichal.He can even score better hand of god goals than Maradona.

Every single Villa fan is now contemplating mass suicide at such a massive loss to our club how on earth can we ever survive without this fantastic talent?

Even the local plod are truly devastated too because they have never had a single problem with wee Barry ever & he once took them on a long running exercise along the motorway. His credentials both on & off the pitch are exemplary. He might be scottish but he has never touched a wee dram in his life. (Honest!)

He is the only player that can take a corner kick then head it in himself. Truly,truly amazing player

Finally, Con will also confirm that their doesn't exist even one dissenting voice from any Villa fan world wide to all the stats, heat maps, charts etc etc that Con has now kindly posted onto your Swansea messageboards proving just how unbelievably gifted this true boy wonder is that you are now signing.

To any Villa fans reading this post:

SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUSSSSHH! ;)

• Like 2

Poor Con!

I genuinely don't think Bannan is shit, he does have an eye for the game and good footwork. He's a pleasure to watch when he's on form, he has an excellent range of passing and the ability to create space for himself which is vital in this division. It's a shame that his "day" is so rare. His concentration levels are poor, he doesn't have and/or doesn't stick to a defined role and I don't think much of his demeanor nor his attitude on and off the pitch. He's not a Lambert player nor is he an Aston Villa one so it's best for all of us if he moves. I think he'll stick in the league but never higher than mid table. 

This thread though eh, absolutely mental. 

bannan to me could turn out to be the next shaun maloney in five years time....

unfortunately, with a back four that have struggled all season and a newly developing and small middle three, we simply do not have the luxury of playing (and developing) a creative attacking midfielder with limited defensive abilities... shaun maloney when he left us, and the player he is today are completely different players - like barry, we simply did not have the on-fieldset up or the desire to develop him...

while not commenting on whether he's as good or not as them, for villa, bannan needs to play in a taarabt, ben arfa, maloney sort of position... when you look at how well teams who adopted an enigmatic attacking midfield playmaker (QPR, wigan, newcastle) did this season, regardless of how good the individual player is, i think it sort of speaks for himself...

for that reason, even a more proven and established player like zoggy has not had a regular place in our team this season...

on the occasions that i have met bannan, he seems like a good bloke - in the training sessions i have been at, he was always first out and last to the leave the training pitch... i genuinely believe he has talent and simply wants to play football... i also genuinely believe that unfortunately there is no spot in our starting XI for him with the way that we are currently (or will in the foreseeable future be) playing...

for that reason, i think he will choose to leave, and he may well go on to do very well somewhere else.... good luck to him!

Not the worst player we have ever had, but certainly not a player I have looked at and thought 'world class in the making' he was only ever going to be a mid-class player, somebody who at his peak would be a decent addition to amid table team. Not enough assists, not enough goals, easily taken off the ball, doesn't commit enough to challenges, always got too many very off queue passes on him, which is not countered by his best assets.

He has a good pass, but a lot of the time these are hit into easy positions(space out wide) and not into attacking situations, or not into the feet of strikers to run in on goal. I'd keep him as a back-up player but he's not shown enough for first team in the last three seasons to be considered good enough to play as one of the first choice midfielders.

Players who have stepped up from lower leagues here and in France have shown more in less time, do it is no wonder PL has decided to let him go.

Right on the money that in my view.

• Like 1

That Swansea thread is embarrassing.

I agree with this guy

No offence but we don't give a s**t. Can you take your argument back to your own forum? Ta. IF we buy him and he's any good he'll play; if not he won't.

I'd leave them to it if I was one of the VT'ers signed up there.

• Like 4