Barry Bannan

villianusa

Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan wasn't even in the initial squad when it was named but he looks set to start.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4957191/Mark-Croats-will-KO-us-if-we-dont-punch-back.html

If he plays his game, could be worth millions to Villa on transfer fee, or even convince Lambert to keep him.

Even his critics will want him to do well tonight...

Will probably be our first sale of the summer, or close to it

ITK or just guessing. I forget nowadays who knows stuff and who tends to make it up.

Combination of hope,  expectation and (what's that phrase again? oh yes) observation  ;)

• Like 1

I dont hate Bannan as much as others but I hope he is sold soon just so this thread can be locked  :bang:

It'll just be moved :D

I dont hate Bannan as much as others but I hope he is sold soon just so this thread can be locked  :bang:

Like the majority of posters I don't think anyone actually hates Barry Bannan the person because let's face it, the majority of us don't even know him, therefore it's definitely not anything that should be considered personal, no way. However, many of us, myself included hate seeing him in a Villa shirt because IMHO he is quite simply the worst Villa player of all time & therefore not the type of player that is ever likely to bring us any success.

Equally, and in fairness to Con, he see's something there, whether real or imagined that could in time prove all the doubters wrong.

In the meantime, this thread is totally insane & a credit to Con for his zany improvisations. I more than anyone (debatable) have probably given Con the most stick & in fairness to Con he takes it all in his stride because he knows ultimately that there is no malice intended but only wild exaggeration in order to try & balance what I perceive as wild exaggeration from Con on his part too about Bannan's  overall actual ability.

Bottom Line.................We all love the Villa!......................& some of us love/hate Con too ....................... but the majority of us ( I think) hate the alleged footballing ability of "wee Barry Bannan when our own mince pies tell us he is totally shit ." :):D;)

• 01 McGregor
  • 02 Hutton
  • 03 Whittaker
  • 04 G Hanley
  • 05 R Martin
  • 06 Maloney
  • 07 Morrison
  • 08 McArthur
  • 10 Snodgrass
  • 11 Bannan
  • 09 Griffiths

Bannan starts in a strong Scotland midfield tonight. I think he will be playing deep-lying playmaker in a five-man midfield, with Maloney and Snodgrass on the wings. 

Morrison, McArthur, Maloney and Snodgrass all solid Premier League players, if they had a defence and a striker it would be a very good team.

Going to be difficult away in Croatia. Any kind of result would be unexpected.

• 01 McGregor
  • 02 Hutton
  • 03 Whittaker
  • 04 G Hanley
  • 05 R Martin
  • 06 Maloney
  • 07 Morrison
  • 08 McArthur
  • 10 Snodgrass
  • 11 Bannan
  • 09 Griffiths

Bannan starts in a strong Scotland midfield tonight. I think he will be playing deep-lying playmaker in a five-man midfield, with Maloney and Snodgrass on the wings. 

Morrison, McArthur, Maloney and Snodgrass all solid Premier League players, if they had a defence and a striker it would be a very good team.

Going to be difficult away in Croatia. Any kind of result would be unexpected.

Already making excuses just in case your boy doesn't turn up. :D

Not at all. I expect him to be the stand-out performer in the Scotland team tonight even though he's not played first team football for three months.

That said, this Croatia side is very talented and experienced. Scotland are not going to have a lot of possession so the number of highlights will be limited. 

Not at all. I expect him to be the stand-out performer in the Scotland team tonight even though he's not played first team football for three months.

That said, this Croatia side is very talented and experienced. Scotland are not going to have a lot of possession so the number of highlights will be limited.

Still, you can make a GIF out of pretty much anything he does.