Barry Bannan

villianusa

lol. Bannan was not at fault for the first goal. Bennett over-hit the pass, which was also kicked away from Bannan. Watch it on MOTD. Nothing at all to do with Bannan that goal.

Another win notched on Bannan's collection today.

Even a treat for the Bannan corner graders late in the second half - a really whipped in corner. Marks out of 10?

BTW why does left-footer Bannan take the corners on the left and right-footer Westwood take corners on the right. That seems opposite to me... obviously Lambert's decision. I'd thought they'd want the ball curling toward the goal, not away from it.

Edited to update record:

Bannan's record

6 Wins

Swansea, Sunderland, Reading, Liverpool, Reading, QPR

7 Losses 

Everton, Southampton, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Wigan, Newcastle

4 Draws

Newcastle, Arsenal, QPR, Stoke

Bannan's win rate is 35.3%.

Aston Villa Club record

7 Wins

14 Losses

9 Draws

Aston Villa's win rate is 23.3%.

Edited by Con

Delph still starts ahead of him imo.

First back to back league wins under Lambert are without Delph. Coincidence? I don't think so. Delph can stay on the bench. We are a much more progressive team without him.

First back to back league wins under Lambert are without Delph. Coincidence? I don't think so. Delph can stay on the bench. We are a much more progressive team without him.

Delph played against Man City, Bannan has played against QPR and Reading. Can't compare.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

those back to back wins WERE against the bottom 2 teams in the league though, in fairness

Bennett, Bannan, Westwood and Weimann can all be held partly responsible for that goal but considering we won - it doesn't matter in the slightest.

Bannan had another good game today and has earned his place in the team. 

Both those back to back wins WERE against the bottom 2 teams in the league though, in fairness

True but we did give them both a goal head start in both games and battled back to win.

lol. Bannan was not at fault for the first goal. Bennett over-hit the pass, which was also kicked away from Bannan. Watch it on MOTD. Nothing at all to do with Bannan that goal.

Even a treat for the Bannan corner graders late in the second half - a really whipped in corner. Marks out of 10?

BTW why does left-footer Bannan take the corners on the left and right-footer Westwood take corners on the right. That seems opposite to me... obviously Lambert's decision. I'd thought they'd want the ball curling toward the goal, not away from it.

Edited to update record:

Bannan's record

6 Wins

7 Losses 

4 Draws

Aston Villa Club record

7 Wins

14 Losses

9 Draws

Still persevering with your totally pointless and irrelevant stats?

Only watched the game on a poor quality stream today so couldn't assess the players properly... but whoever takes our corners needs shooting. They put us under pressure more often than they give us a chance to score.

Edited to update record:

Bannan's record

6 Wins

7 Losses 

4 Draws

Aston Villa Club record

7 Wins

14 Losses

9 Draws

Still persevering with your totally pointless and irrelevant stats?

Only watched the game on a poor quality stream today so couldn't assess the players properly... but whoever takes our corners needs shooting. They put us under pressure more often than they give us a chance to score.

You exaggerate.

Westwood took the ones on the right, Bannan the ones on the left. Westwood had an amazing game so I wouldn't shoot him because he missed 4 out of 6 crosses. Bannan got 2/4.

Did ok but for me he's the one I'd drop to get N'Zogbia back in to the starting 11.

Those who are saying brilliant/excellent I think are a bit rose-tinted. Bannan was out of position for the Taarabt 2nd half run and chance that was eventually blocked, and in no man's land for their chance right at the death.

Picky I know but had either of those gone in I think Bannan would be taking a pasting on here tonight.

Awful first half, brilliant second.

Credit where it's due for that second half performance.

I echo this. I think youre my favourite poster on this forum Milfner - I tend to agree with you more than anyone else.  :wub:

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I echo this. I think youre my favourite poster on this forum Milfner - I tend to agree with you more than anyone else.  :wub:

pG8BhD1.gif

LockStock, you are now my favourite poster.  :wub:

Senor Chang. Ace.

On PieFacE, stop it. You're making me blush xoxoxoxoxo

Ok, managed to catch it on Football First...

For the first QPR goal, which has been discussed a little on here, Bannan clearly points his hand in a manner as to where to get Bennett to pass the ball. Whether Bannan meant that pass to be to himself or to the space behind him only he knows... however, the pass clearly wasn't on (QPR player hovering) but ultimately it's not his fault that Bennett was a bit of a wally and kinda screwed the pass up and although Bannan did create some confusion regarding his communication he can be exonerated of any blame for that goal IMO.

His all round performance was pretty much the same as last week against Reading. Did the simply stuff really well but didn't do anything else. Tried a few long balls... one which hit target (Benteke)... all the others went astray and one particular free kick all our players darted to the front post (presumably as per training ritual) yet Bannan yanked it to the far post (and I use the term far post loosely... it was well off the far post and never in any danger area).

His corners were the same as always... floaty and easy to defend against.I think one corner we got a head to and did something vaguely dangerous with.

In conclusion, I think if he maintains this level of performance against the better teams (easy to perform against the worst 2 teams in the league) he will be a very average to poor Premiership player or a good Championship player as has been my opinion of him for quite some time now. Not much has changed since his reintroduction into the team even though he has started to perform slightly better.

• Like 1