Barry Bannan

villianusa

Bannan & Delph got schooled by a 35 year old midfielder Gary Jones last night, last straw for me get them out of the first team and away from this club, both have no presence and endlessly give the ball away, id rather have Gary fricken Jones ffs, that says it all. Really looking forward to going to work in Bradford today.........

The worst corner taker I have ever seen. Why lambert persists on Playing him I will never know.

Every time I see his name on team sheet I get so pissed off

Did Benteke not miss 3 sitters from his corners last night? You can't blame Bannan for that, they were perfect for Benteke to just head in.

Jesus Christ, the stick this lad takes is unbelievable. He was not the worst player on the pitch last night, in fact, pretty much anything positive we did came from him. We're getting completely exposed at the back because we don't play with a ball winning DM.

Edited by PieFacE

Dire footballer, wanted to strangle him for the pile of shit he displayed yesterday, never really rated Delph either, but at least yesterday he showed a bit of character and tried to beat his man. bannan must surely be aware of how much Villa fans dislike him, its transcends on to the pitch in his performances, the guy makes a 20 yard pass look like a hollywood pass, maybe he just needs to generate that much power cos he is that small

Time for him to go, whilst his career can still remain intact.

Too many hollywood pass attempts, very few of which succeed. Too much poor passing and decision making. No bite in the tackle. No positional sense. No presence.

We have all worried about the physical side of his game, but when he can't deliver the ball consistently, he has nothing left. Get rid now, and we may get £1m or £2m for him.

Did Benteke not miss 3 sitters from his corners last night? You can't blame Bannan for that, they were perfect for Benteke to just head in.

Jesus Christ, the stick this lad takes is unbelievable. He was not the worst player on the pitch last night, in fact, pretty much anything positive we did came from him. We're getting completely exposed at the back because we don't play with a ball winning DM.

yeah he is the easiest of targets. his corners in 1st half caused chaos for Bradford

Bannan gets some incredibly unfair criticism.

If Benteke didn't play like a useless sack of shit, Bannan could have had a handful of assists last night alone.

He does leave the defence exposed, he'd be much more effective playing further up the pitch, but you may as well blame Weimann for not having enough shots, because Lambert plays him out of position as well.

This "hollywood passes" cliche is bullshit as well. He was quite bad for it last season, he's cut it down significantly this year. He creates far more chances than any other player in our team, has a pretty decent pass completion stat (about 85% last time I checked), but people latch on to his every mistake.

How he gets more blame than players like Delph, KEA, Lichaj, Gabby who have contributed **** all, is beyond me.

Edited by Davkaus

Opinion about Bannan is very polarised. Very similar to the Theo Walcott situation at Arsenal. Just substitute the label "hollywood ball" for "headless chicken". Now this season every Arsenal fan was his fan all along. It didn't help Walcott that he had loads of Premier League games behind him. Fans were just expecting too much too soon.

The problem with young players is they're not consistent at their game and their game is not understood, so reality and fans expectations often are way out of whack.

If I expected Bannan to play like Steven Gerrard I would think he was the worst player ever.

I don't judge him on a Steven Gerrard awesome performance template.

I'm thinking Joe Allen or Iniesta. A player like that. When they play awesome often they are hardly noticed.

Bannan wasn't brilliant last night but he did what he was in the team to do, create chances. He created more chances than Delph and N'Zogbia, who did create chances.

He wasn't a miracle worker though and made some bad passes, was not our best player on the nigh, and could not lift the performance of the players around him. He deserves criticism.

If we had a striker who could finish, Bannan would have had 4 assists. He made some great chances. If he had less defensive responsibilities, I think he'd be a very good midfielder. He needs a defensive mid behind him.

I totally agree.

Edited by Con

Please.

Walcott situation is totally different, he has the ability we all know he does.

Bannan doesn't have the ability to do anything, can't dominate the midfield, can't set the tempo, can't do anything.

Joe Allen comparison is ridiculous aswell - he can atleast set the tempo of games for Liverpool with Gerrard alongside him.

when Iniesta plays "awesome" the whole world recognises it so even that is flawed.

The truth is he just isn't good enough and ask yourself how many premier league clubs midfield he would walk into? None at all.

He probably won't even make the bench for 2/3 of the premier league.

Such is our squad - poor.

Please.

Walcott situation is totally different, he has the ability we all know he does.

Bannan doesn't have the ability to do anything, can't dominate the midfield, can't set the tempo, can't do anything.

Joe Allen comparison is ridiculous aswell - he can atleast set the tempo of games for Liverpool with Gerrard alongside him.

when Iniesta plays "awesome" the whole world recognises it so even that is flawed.

The truth is he just isn't good enough and ask yourself how many premier league clubs midfield he would walk into? None at all.

He probably won't even make the bench for 2/3 of the premier league.

Such is our squad - poor.

He created at least 3 solid chances, 2 for Benteke and 1 for Gabby that should have been put away.

Frankly the quality of other teams is neither here nor there. Whether he should be replaced at some point is also irrelevant, currently he's the most creative midfielder in our team. Who do you want to play instead? KEA, Delph, Holman, Albrighton? We may as well start playing 10-0-0 and stand every man on the goalline, because no other **** is going to get the ball in to the box.

I don't think he's Messi, Iniesta, or the second coming of Christ, but he's the best of a very bad bunch of midfielders, yet the only one who seems to get beaten over the head by fans for mistakes.

Edited by Davkaus