Barry Bannan

villianusa

It is not all his fault. Westwood aside, who has potential, this is a dire group of centre midfielders. Why the **** we started the season without a defensive midfielder is anyones guess and to still not have signed one is bordering on incompetence.

Guardian reporter says Bannan was one of our better players in what was an abysmal performance.

This somewhat proves the idea Bannan gets the blame for team performance, no matter what happens (and presumably never gets the credit for good games either).

Guys, the players did not work hard enough tonight. All of them. Don't give the other 10 a free ride and pin all the blame on one man.

Barry Bannan, supplying a lot of Villa's better moments with the accuracy of his crosses, also set up the next chance for Agbonlahor on his left foot.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/08/bradford-aston-villa-capital-one-cup

Guardian reporter says Bannan was one of our better players in what was an abysmal performance.

This somewhat proves the idea Bannan gets the blame for team performance, no matter what happens (and presumably never gets the credit for good games either).

Guys, the players did not work hard enough tonight. All of them. Don't give the other 10 a free ride and pin all the blame on one man.

http://www.guardian....capital-one-cup

It doesn't prove anything. It's just another guys opinion.

Bannan is not good enough but neither is Delph or Clark and the less said about Bennett the better.

Even Lowton and Baker were poor today but you can say they are young and will have bad games. The other 4 seem to have poor games every week.

I do not know of a player who seems to have the ball "under their control" less than this one. His touch is shocking. How we can think we can get away with playing players who cannot and do not get the ball under control is beyond me.

He isn't good enough for the Villa centre midfield neither is Delph or KEA. Far to lightweight the three of them are, yet Lambert never thought about getting a decent DM during the summer-poor management in my opinion.

Con are you Barry Bannans dad?

I'm all your daddies.

:D :D :D

Seriously, you are just slating one guy out of 10 ... the one guy who happened to be the best guy on the pitch, after Weimann, Benteke, Lowton and Clark.

He wasn't the worst playing tonight, and did create chances for us to miss. If they had been scored you would be praising Bannan. I think.

Phil Parkinson Bradford City Manager Teamtalk

"Alright lads i just noticed Barry Bannan's name is on the teamsheet this makes the game alot easier all you need to do is wait for him to try and deliver his hollywood balls on the diagonal dont fear them they never hit their man and it makes our job easier once you recieve the ball attack the fullbacks because they are shit and Bannan has just made your job easier by already giving you the ball if you feel like it as well attack Bannan whenever you have the ball or he has it because he cannot hold onto possession is physically weak and can only pass the ball along the ground backwards making our strikers job easier"

He put a good cross in for Benteke's diving header, and two of his corners (how many did we have?) found Benteke too. His general play, though, left a lot to be desired.

And the Agbonlahor chance in the second half which was saved by Duke. Excellent ball in, I didn't spot the pass before he played it.

That's a fairer summary in all though.

In the first half he was too often in our half of the pitch. Wanted him to pass forward more. We did control the possession but we hadn't scored and then we went behind.

Needed to be more aggressive and assertive. Try and play a few one-twos so he gets more of the ball, and carries the attack so he can play a shorter attacking ball to our strikers.

Edited by Con

If we had a striker who could finish, Bannan would have had 4 assists. He made some great chances. If he had less defensive responsibilities, I think he'd be a very good midfielder. He needs a defensive mid behind him.

• Like 1

If we had a striker who could finish, Bannan would have had 4 assists. He made some great chances. If he had less defensive responsibilities, I think he'd be a very good midfielder. He needs a defensive mid behind him.

Exactly. He put it on a plate. What else can he do. Doesn't deserve to be playing alongside Delph. No one should suffer that.