Barry Bannan

villianusa

Like him more and more. Love how he plays the Barca way even though it confuses some of our less cultured players sometimes

Bannan is a good player but how does he play teh Barca way cause he can pass the ball :). Most be thousands of Barca style players out there then :P

Like him more and more. Love how he plays the Barca way even though it confuses some of our less cultured players sometimes

Bannan is a good player but how does he play teh Barca way cause he can pass the ball :). Most be thousands of Barca style players out there then :P

He means cause he dives around and gets other players red cards...

just for you Zatman ;)

Bannan is one of those few footballers at the top level that always seems to find space, due to the fact his stature let's him turn quicker and also his footballing brain is about three passes ahead of anyone else on the team.

Its wonderful to see such a determined young man making his mark on the first team, his self belief is top notch and channeled in the correct way to succeed.

He means cause he dives around and gets other players red cards...

just for you Zatman ;)

:D:D:D

you know me too well ;)

It's where he passes which makes a difference. Quite often he'll make a short return pass and the player he's passing to just panics.

I'm really happy to see him getting some game time - I think he'll turn out to be a brilliant player and he's good enough as it is.

Yes he seems to have moved on leaps and bounds from last season which may have adversely affected some players (Delph and Albrighton I think are still getting over the events of last year).

I hate to be negative but it wont be long before the vultures start circling. Didnt Barry sign a contract extension last season?? I think/hope he did....

I guess that's a risk with any player at the club or any player at any club. I thing he signed a new contract recently. The club have been putting the best young players on long contracts which is a very sensible tactic.

I remember reading an article with Bannan a few months ago, stating that he would like to be a regular first team member by the end of the season and I thought he was being a bit optimistic.

But now that he's had more first team games, it's looking more and more likely!

Perhaps McLeish only brought in N'Zogbia for the wing because he knew that Albrighton can play there and Bannan can perform as a right or left midfielder too (not winger).

Though he would do well behind a striker, I quite like having Gabby & Bent both up top. I like Bannan playing on the wing as a clever midfielder who can link the play together and form attacks. Then we can have one of the wingers on the opposite wing, as an alternative option for taking on fullbacks.

Another thought that crossed my mind was whether Bannan would have made it with us under MON. I seem to remember someone saying on here that MON had told him he was too small and should find another club, though I don't know whether that was true or not.

My guess is he would not have done as he would have been sold to a lower ranking Premier League club or a high flying Championship club for a couple of million and replaced by someone costing and being paid 4x as much.

Also I think McLeish should get some credit for having faith in the lad and giving him some chances although you could also argue that the club had dictated that policy to him when he joined but then again you could argue that is maybe making the right call.

That is certain to divide opinions. :D