Barry Bannan

villianusa

Does anybody have that Bannan quote that I had for my sig for a short while?

It was from his school coach, said at halftime in a match his team were losing badly, and went something like: "I'm the best in the class, the best in the school, the best in the team - and this game isn't over yet".

I've lost the damn thing.

Here.

"I'm the best in my class, best in my school, the best ever and this game isn't finished yet"
Excellent, that's the one. Thanks.

Reading through this thread, its obvious that there is much disagreement about Bannans potential but I for one believe he can and will be fantastic, IF we play him in the centre as THE playmaker.

I agree that he is wasted on the wing but he can play himself out of tight positions and make fantastic passes.

Obviously only time will tell but I reckon AM will play him more regulalrly than not and allow him time to develop.

Shame that he'll be dropped for Heskey this weekend. Shown that he is an outstanding player on the ball... Its just getting it to him when not too crowded that is the challenge.

I don't think Bannan is bad on the wing, we just need to make sure the team plays the right way when he's there.

He's not a winger so won't take on a player with pace and skill, however he will link up passes with the central players and use his technical ability & workrate to build attacks and push our game up the pitch.

I'm not saying he's as good as Nasri or Rosicky, but they're the similar type of players who play on the wing and build attacks within a specific tactic.

If we were to play Ireland behind Bent, Bannan on the wing with 2 central midfielders in the middle, who preferably can join up the attacks whilst acting as the 'holding midfielders', then we could see more of the attacking football we saw in the 2nd half against QPR.

Reading through this thread, its obvious that there is much disagreement about Bannans potential but I for one believe he can and will be fantastic, IF we play him in the centre as THE playmaker.

He would need a brute next to him like a Keane, Vieira or a Toure which we dont have unless we play him in a three.

Shame that he'll be dropped for Heskey this weekend. Shown that he is an outstanding player on the ball... Its just getting it to him when not too crowded that is the challenge.

With Bent still out could see Delph dropped and Ireland, Petrov and Bannan in a 3 with zog floating about

Bannan is doing okay to above average in a really weird position for him. He is a left footed play maker playing right mid. I'd understand this if Bannan was fast and could run down the wings but Bannan is not. McLeish should play a 4-3-3 with Bannan and Ireland as the two play makers with Gabby and N'zogbia on the wings.

Bannan is doing okay to above average in a really weird position for him. He is a left footed play maker playing right mid. I'd understand this if Bannan was fast and could run down the wings but Bannan is not. McLeish should play a 4-3-3 with Bannan and Ireland as the two play makers with Gabby and N'zogbia on the wings.

The third midfielder would have to be a monster for this to work imo. Don't think we have anyone with the defensive ability to accommodate both Ireland and Bannan in a midfield 3.

He's playing right mid as you say, not right wing. Hell of a difference.

I thought he was absolutely stonking the second half on Sunday. That boy has some **** talent let me tell you. He can ping a ball around like Sid in his hey day and the kid is as cool as a cucumber.

He's a premier league player, no question. We need to nurture him IMO.

Would love to see this against Wigan.

---Gabby-----Bent------N'Zogbia---

-------Ireland-------Bannan-------

---------------Jenas----------------

Some of the interplay between Bannan and Ireland was excellent against QPR, and I think Ireland deserves another start.

Would love to see this against Wigan.

---Gabby-----Bent------N'Zogbia---

-------Ireland-------Bannan-------

---------------Jenas----------------

Some of the interplay between Bannan and Ireland was excellent against QPR, and I think Ireland deserves another start.

What makes you think Jenas is a holding midfielder?

I wouldnt agree with dropping Petrov myself, one of our most consistent performers this year in my opinion.

Would rather go

Petrov

Jenas Bannan

Ireland

Gabby Bent

That formation looks very narrow to Me Shillz. If we have Hutton & Warnock flying up the wings then we'll have a bit of width, but it still looks pretty narrow.