Barry Bannan

villianusa

Bannan's influence: crossing, set pieces, passing, creating chances, positioning, defensive tracking, leadership. The last one is important. He's vocal and encourages the other players and never hides.

To be fair that is true. He could never be accused of hiding during games. Always wants the ball which is admirable.

• Like 1

Bannan's influence: crossing, set pieces, passing, creating chances, positioning, defensive tracking, leadership. The last one is important. He's vocal and encourages the other players and never hides.

Yes its a shame we never got the best out of him. Because there's a good deal of talent there. 

Edited by PaulC

We never got the best out of any of our players last year.

Bannan's crossing accuracy this season so far is 40%. Last season he was, 45.6%. That is still a very high score considering 40% would have made him the most accurate crosser in the PL last season.

No Benteke. No floaty corners. 

Thought he played well tonight. But a decent shift in, put in some quality balls. We could do with someone who could cross balls like that. For me, Bannans best position would be behind the striker in the no,10 role whilst roaming out wide. No manager seems to play him in that position which I find strange.

• Like 1

We never got the best out of any of our players last year.

Bannan's crossing accuracy this season so far is 40%. Last season he was, 45.6%. That is still a very high score considering 40% would have made him the most accurate crosser in the PL last season.

No Benteke. No floaty corners. 

We don't score many goals from corners do we! Tonight Bannan hit in 3 or 4 fantastic deliveries. His first touch was always good and i can only remember one misplaced pass the whole game. He needs to be liked i think!

Thought he played well tonight. But a decent shift in, put in some quality balls. We could do with someone who could cross balls like that. For me, Bannans best position would be behind the striker in the no,10 role whilst roaming out wide. No manager seems to play him in that position which I find strange.

If he played in a team that dominated possession he would be tried there. That's never been the case at Scotland, Villa or Palace. A team that doesn't dominate possession cannot really afford a luxury #10.

If you can imagine Wenger as his manager at Arsenal, the role you suggest is exactly where I think he'd put him. (So we can also add versatility to Bannan's traits).

The manager they have chosen will drop him for a 6"5 clogger meathead soon enough.

He may have set up a goal today but I can't see him lasting long under a manager like Pulis. He's too lightweight for the way they will be set up.

Good form, making our acadamy proud. Hope it continues. Might be a bit bittersweet if his form contiunes, but I think it was the right decision to sell him. Both for the player and the club.

• Like 1

The manager they have chosen will drop him for a 6"5 clogger meathead soon enough.

He may have set up a goal today but I can't see him lasting long under a manager like Pulis. He's too lightweight for the way they will be set up.

Pulis teams rely on Rory Delap throw-ins and set piece delivery. Bannan is a set piece taker, one of the most accurate crossers in the PL, if not the most.

I'm actually looking forward to Pulis playing Bannan and Williams in the same team. He did not have such quality players available to him at Stoke. He must be loving it.

He chose not to bring in quality players by opting for physical cloggers instead more like...

Maybe he'll sell Bannan back to us then. We could do with a creative midfield player. Hehehehehe.

Or Williams. I'd take both.

Con, are you really dribbling on about accurate crossing stats even though they have been proven to be absolute nonsense about 20 times in the last couple of months?

He got another assist tonight... in 3 months at Palace he has done more than he did in 3 years at Villa. He is however still not good enough for the Premier League... my best mate, a Palace fan, was at the game tonight. His assessment of Bannan is:

"The problem with Bannan isn't Bannan himself it is other peoples opinions of him. He played ok tonight, but only got an assist cos he screwed up a corner. He tried hard and ran around a lot but his general passing was awful. Despite this people think he is something special? Collins was on a different level tonight and clearly man of the match."

• Like 1

goal and assist in his last 3 games which is quite impressive since never got anything like that here more impressive since we have had 6 blanks in last 8 games.

the corner thing is annoying if thats what players are instructed to do