Barry Bannan

villianusa

People do realise he completed a lot of crosses because Benteke wins everything right? Aim it at Bent and nobody would complete a ball. Work just the same if we had Andy Carroll up front.

That's rubbish. Carroll, Crouch, Felliani won greater % of their headers last year than Benteke. If it were true, Andy Carroll's supply line would have a high cross %. Baines would have a much higher cross % than Bannan. You could also say other Villa players would have high cross %. They don't. Bannan has a high cross % because he is good at it. You can't argue against the facts here.

umad.gif

People do realise he completed a lot of crosses because Benteke wins everything right? Aim it at Bent and nobody would complete a ball. Work just the same if we had Andy Carroll up front.

That's rubbish. Carroll, Crouch, Felliani won greater % of their headers last year than Benteke. If it were true, Andy Carroll's supply line would have a high cross %. Baines would have a much higher cross % than Bannan. You could also say other Villa players would have high cross %. They don't. Bannan has a high cross % because he is good at it. You can't argue against the facts here.

A) they don't play for Villa

B) Benteke was best target man in Europe, target man isn't all about headers, if you really understood football you would know it.

C) Nicky Shorey.

What does "target man" mean when they use that term? They define it as number of headers won, not percentage of aerial battles won. Benteke might be the best target man but he isn't the best winner of aerial challenges in England by a long shot, let alone the best in Europe.

Bannan had a much higher cross % than Nicky Shorey last season.

Edited by Con

Didn't realise he didn't travel to Germany.

Haha

**** off Bannan.

He might not be good enough for us but isn't it a bit too much to tell a player who came through the ranks here and didn't make it to **** off?

It's not as he was on massive wages and didn't perform. He wasn't good enough so he has to go but, his level is probably in the Championship.

I couldn't care less if he came through our ranks.

It doesn't mean he's not a word removed simply because he used to be a villa youth player.

What makes him a word removed?

Haha

**** off Bannan.

He might not be good enough for us but isn't it a bit too much to tell a player who came through the ranks here and didn't make it to **** off?

It's not as he was on massive wages and didn't perform. He wasn't good enough so he has to go but, his level is probably in the Championship.

It doesn't mean he's not a word removed simply because he used to be a villa youth player.

Getting drunk, driving his car on the motorway and leaving the scene after he crashed it makes him a word removed in my book.

What's a word removed?

Barry Bannan.

• Like 1

Haha

**** off Bannan.

Getting drunk, driving his car on the motorway and leaving the scene after he crashed it makes him a word removed in my book.

Mine as well, irrespective of what I think of him as a player.

Haha

**** off Bannan.

What's a word removed?

Barry Bannan.
Delph was a convicted drink driver too.

Haha

**** off Bannan.

What's a word removed?

Barry Bannan.

All right didn't realise he had done that. Thought you were classing him as a word removed because of his performances.

this thread is getting repeatative, so many what ifs, buts and maybes

bannan may have a little skill that 'could' be compared to his foreign counterparts, but it doesnt hide the fact that he hasnt got the physical presence needed in the premier league, now i know somebody will ring off a list of smallish players already in the league who play well, but thats neither here or there, this is about bannan and he simply isnt as good as he should/could be for his height and strength

and the fact that he drank drove (that doesnt sound right), he basically abused his status as a well earned footballer to think he can do what he wants when he wants

I don't think we will sell to be honest. Frankly not many other clubs want him. 

Waiting for England vs Scotland match to get a bidding war going?

There will be no 'bidding war' he's simply not good enough.