Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downing, you lying greasy ****. Just watch him hand in a request as soon as a bid comes in.

Something we dont have to accept...request denied.

I just prey we have someone in charge whos finally strong enough to say enough is enough, you signed the deal now deal with it (see what I did there?).

Downing, you lying greasy ****. Just watch him hand in a request as soon as a bid comes in.

Something we dont have to accept...request denied.

I just prey we have someone in charge whos finally strong enough to say enough is enough, you signed the deal now deal with it (see what I did there?).

Is getting £0 for Downing going to be benefit us though?

Ever since Paul Faulkner became our CEO, we seem to have gone backwards. IMO.

In terms of what?

He took over, what, two years ago? In that time, we have sold our best two players, lost a Manager who at least made us media attractive, signed a Manager who isn't up to the job. The five year plan has gone for a burton.

Look at it from the other angle. What has Paul Faulkner actually done to help the club?

In terms of what?

He took over, what, two years ago? In that time, we have sold our best two players, lost a Manager who at least made us media attractive, signed a Manager who isn't up to the job. The five year plan has gone for a burton.

Look at it from the other angle. What has Paul Faulkner actually done to help the club?

Darren Bent?

In terms of what?

Whos to say it wasnt him who highlighted the wage bill to Randy??

I have the same opinion for any player who doesn't wish to knuckle down and try and improve things for the Villa "F#%k OFF".

If a player feels that their future is elsewhere then please leave ASAP. I would rather have a slightly less gifted player "Jarvis" who is willing to fight for the cause than someone whose heart isn'tin it.

Move along Mr.Downing, you will soon be forgotten and replaced. Watch you don't break a nail on your way out.

I have the same opinion for any player who doesn't wish to knuckle down and try and improve things for the Villa "F#%k OFF".

If a player feels that their future is elsewhere then please leave ASAP. I would rather have a slightly less gifted player "Jarvis" who is willing to fight for the cause than someone whose heart isn'tin it.

Move along Mr.Downing, you will soon be forgotten and replaced. Watch you don't break a nail on your way out.

thats a great post that mate!!

Depends how you value 2 years service from Downing, I believe that service is going to be of more value to the Villa over the next 2 years than any realistic amount of money most clubs are going to offer.

By realistic I mean if man city dont get involved.

Depends how you value 2 years service from Downing, I believe that service is going to be of more value to the Villa over the next 2 years than any realistic amount of money most clubs are going to offer.

Well we have to keep him for a year, then see what happens from there. I'd sell him next summer if had the same thoughts though.

Why do players lie. It comes and bites them on there arses soon rather than later. Sterwart has been here 2 years now and has been good 50% of it. **** me at least play well for 2 seasons before being Mr Big head.

Although it's a little flawed, Jarvis would be doing the exact same thing to Wolves as Downing would be doing to us just on a smaller scale.

Well we have to keep him for a year, then see what happens from there. I'd sell him next summer if had the same thoughts though.

Yeah, well a lot can happen in a year and maybe villa will be in a better position to sell (or not sell).

But the point I'm trying to make is we shouldnt feel the need to sell just because hes decided hes not commiting, we should make him commit to his contract for as long as it suites us.

My problem is I fear we have some guttless people in charge and if this is all about him wanting a move, he maybe gone this Summer which would be disasterous.

If he is that easily replaceable then why would clubs want him and not the someone else we can easily replace him with

Besides which it is more than just this one player, it would be coming on top of Barry, Milner , Young and that sends out a powerful message to other clubs and other better players.

Because wer not competing on a same level Richard.

Your thinking can we replace him and move forward onto the top 4 (which is your frustration I think) -

Not really. I am know we wont be able to replace him with the same quality and thus we reduce the quality of our team and move backwards.

Having re-watched the Ajax game the other day, I was left slightly envious with regards to the players we used to have at our disposal.

Another 12 months and I fear we'll be looking back on the days when our team was graced with the likes of Young, Downing & Reo Coker with a similar amount of envy.

Â