Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be a ban or word filter on the word 'AMBITION'
There is, its in Randys office though. Just ask Ash,Barry Milner etc. they'll have a story to tell i'm sure.
Yes, I'm sure they will. What they'll say is "Man City (or wherever Ash is going) showed me more ambition".

When they say ambition however, they mean money.

No, tbf it means they want to win things, something they find out quite quick when they come to AstonVilla that they wont do.
You're kidding yourself if you think money isn't the main reason. Why else would Milner move from here where he played week in week out and was regarded as a hero to City just to sit on the bench?
what did he win??. Something he'd never have seen here Same with Barry.
He was a bench-warmer for a lot of that FA Cup campaign, particularly the latter stages. What's to say he wouldn't have won it here anyway?

Cos we currently have a manager who likes to throw away the FA Cup.

Oh not this myth again.

There is, its in Randys office though. Just ask Ash,Barry Milner etc. they'll have a story to tell i'm sure.
Yes, I'm sure they will. What they'll say is "Man City (or wherever Ash is going) showed me more ambition".

No, tbf it means they want to win things, something they find out quite quick when they come to AstonVilla that they wont do.
You're kidding yourself if you think money isn't the main reason. Why else would Milner move from here where he played week in week out and was regarded as a hero to City just to sit on the bench?
He was a bench-warmer for a lot of that FA Cup campaign, particularly the latter stages. What's to say he wouldn't have won it here anyway?

Oh not this myth again.

It's not a myth. It's a fact. Houllier didn't believe we would beat Man City, so he rested our main players for the Bolton game.

Oh not this myth again.
Sorry Mr Houllier, we all know you picked the right team that day and didn't turn this club into a joke.

It's not a myth. It's a fact. Houllier didn't believe we would beat Man City, so he rested our main players for the Bolton game.
It's not a fact. People say the game was "thrown" but to throw a game is to go out with the intention to lose it. I think it would be fair to say he treated the FA Cup as less important as the league but it was never thrown. There were some pretty decent players out there.

If I was him, I probably wouldnt be signing a new contract either until I knew who was managing us next season and what type of players we're looking to bring in.

Lets not be too quick to get on his back, players can easily be misquoted and he has already come out and said recently he's happy at the club.

this is exactly the reason i am slowly falling out of love with football, unfortunatley this will continue to happen every season. all we need now is gardner to have a good season and bent to score 20 plus goals and you can then wave goodbye to them pair.

seriously thinking of taking up golf this summer.

Defending that team selection is severe delusion IMO. A truly terrible decision from GH
Oh no, I wasn't defending it. I personally didn't agree with the team selection but at the same time I certainly don't think he threw the game either.

Defending that team selection is severe delusion IMO. A truly terrible decision from GH
Laughing stock springs to mind, kind of like most of what Houllier did this seaso. Just to keep this on topic, i think Downing will be gone this summer and i think something bad went on when they offered a new deal, he was either offerd poor wages or he knows something thats going on in the back round that isn't worth his while hanging on for.

If I was him, I probably wouldnt be signing a new contract either until I knew who was managing us next season and what type of players we're looking to bring in. .
Perhaps he does know the answer to both of those questions hence his public statements. Merely speculating

If I was him, I probably wouldnt be signing a new contract either until I knew who was managing us next season and what type of players we're looking to bring in.

Lets not be too quick to get on his back, players can easily be misquoted and he has already come out and said recently he's happy at the club.

Im with you on this 8)

Oh no, I wasn't defending it. I personally didn't agree with the team selection but at the same time I certainly don't think he threw the game either.
I think threw maybe a little harsh. He definitley didn't expect to win it though

Â