Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If 'Arry goes to Chelsea I can see a bid coming in from there.

Zhirkov and Malouda aren't exactly 'Arry style players, and I don't think he'll be able to sign Bale. Plus 'Arry was chasing him for Spurs for ages, before the 'emergence' of Bale.

Crossroads in his life? Jesus wept he wasnt saying that when we were paying him fifty grand a week just to lie on a treatment table for six months. One good season and he wants to **** off??

I find it hard to believe because he seems like one of the good guys, but what a tosser if true. He owes us more an one good season. he should also look to milner as proof that the grass isnt always greener on the other side

**** footballers.

I'm sick of signing players who view us as a stepping stone. How about you pull your **** socks up and get us into the Champions League. If you were that good Stewart, you and your mate Ashley Young and Barry before you would already be playing in the wretched competition.

Bastards, the lot of them.

There should be a ban or word filter on the word 'AMBITION'
There is, its in Randys office though. Just ask Ash,Barry Milner etc. they'll have a story to tell i'm sure.
Yes, I'm sure they will. What they'll say is "Man City (or wherever Ash is going) showed me more ambition".

When they say ambition however, they mean money.

There is, its in Randys office though. Just ask Ash,Barry Milner etc. they'll have a story to tell i'm sure.
Yes, I'm sure they will. What they'll say is "Man City (or wherever Ash is going) showed me more ambition".

No, tbf it means they want to win things, something they find out quite quick when they come to AstonVilla that they wont do.

No, tbf it means they want to win things, something they find out quite quick when they come to AstonVilla that they wont do.

It's a circle. If they all stayed, we may be able to win things but they don't want to stay and we have to build again.

You're kidding yourself if you think money isn't the main reason. Why else would Milner move from here where he played week in week out and was regarded as a hero to City just to sit on the bench?

You're kidding yourself if you think money isn't the main reason. Why else would Milner move from here where he played week in week out and was regarded as a hero to City just to sit on the bench?
what did he win??. Something he'd never have seen here Same with Barry.

How much did he contribute?

It may just be me, but the medal would feel pretty worthless to me when I've only played the odd replay v lower division sides. When it came to playing the big boys Milner was no-where to be found.

Barry I agree with as he had a significant contribution.

See thing for me is people saying that it isn't Ambition it is money. The two are interwoven actually

Ambition usually means that you want to move on to be successful, in football to win things. Well football aint difficult to win things you need the better players and they generally cost more money either in fees or wages so you can be ambitious but without the dosh it doesn't mean much.

Then if you haven't got the dosh you temper your ambitions to maintain top 6 or have the occasional cup run for example, you just do not have the ambition to compete at the top end of the table

He was a bench-warmer for a lot of that FA Cup campaign, particularly the latter stages. What's to say he wouldn't have won it here anyway?

He was a bench-warmer for a lot of that FA Cup campaign, particularly the latter stages. What's to say he wouldn't have won it here anyway?
Bench warmer, but what have himself and Barry got??. FA cup and champions league football. Whats to say he would have won it, after all he'd have been at a club selling there best players. oh wait!.

I don't understand why he'd come out and say he wants to sign and then suddenly change his mind. I'm dissapointed to be honest, thought he was better than that. Losing Ash and Downing in the same window would be catastrophic

He had a meeting with our experienced CEO, apparently :oops:

Cos we currently have a manager who likes to throw away the FA Cup.

Â