The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Nothing to do with being one of the best players in the league then

Well obviously....

But the whole "didn't need him" thing, in terms of kicking a football as a left wide creative player you can make a good argument that they didn't, in terms of bums on seats, marketing, global profile and all that non footballing nonsense he's a huge player for them 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Well obviously....

But the whole "didn't need him" thing, in terms of kicking a football as a left wide creative player you can make a good argument that they didn't, in terms of bums on seats, marketing, global profile and all that non footballing nonsense he's a huge player for them 

I wonder how much Pep wanted him.

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Way too many people simply look at heynckes won the CL with bayern, pep didn't = peps shit mate 

Just don't look at a 3 year period before pep during pep and after pep and do a proper analysis of what he did there... 

Its also like he's the only city manager to ever spend money and that's why he's made them better than ever 

Bayern 3 years before Pep played in 3 Champions League finals and won 2 league titles

Barcelona had won a league and a Champions League and were a wondergoal away from another final

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Well obviously....

Not if he doesn’t start performing he isn’t, the brand only works if you can back it up on the pitch.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bayern 3 years before Pep played in 3 Champions League finals and won 2 league titles

Barcelona had won a league and a Champions League and were a wondergoal away from another final

So both won more in the 3 years under pep than the 3 years previous then... 

46 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I cannot believe how many pages this thread is still accruing. I give about as much of a s*** about him these days as he gives about the Villa. Let him go lads!

Yet reading, and posting, in the thread. 

49 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I cannot believe how many pages this thread is still accruing. I give about as much of a s*** about him these days as he gives about the Villa. Let him go lads!

Don’t read the thread then 

45 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He seemed to be behind the play for most of their major attacks. Odd decision to play him as a false 9 today, but they've all done it one point.

I don’t think he was even a false 9 to be honest. I think people just default to that when they see someone who isn’t an out and out striker playing up front. 

For me he played as a 9 today. And he was poor. It didn’t work at all

Pep's biggest advantage as manager is managing big players and players ego's. I mean how ever good a manager is he has gotta have the respect of the players to be a great coach to start with. This is where Pep is head and shoulders above many. No player would disrespect him with his qualities..

• Like 1

To be fair City play a hell of a lot of games during a season so Jack will of course play his part. In the big games though he should probably be on the bench and in time I expect him to be.

At the moment he has to start because he’s the marquee signing. Before anybody says that’s bs and city are full of talent so can bench anyway, that’s not actually true.

Whenever they’ve had a very big money signing that player has started all the games early on in his career there. That’s pretty much the same for any club. 

The money spent has to be justified for at least half a season or so. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Pep's biggest advantage as manager is managing big players and players ego's. I mean how ever good a manager is he has gotta have the respect of the players to be a great coach to start with. This is where Pep is head and shoulders above many. No player would disrespect him with his qualities..

Happy Birthday Zlatan.. Here Are 10 Typical Zlatan Quotes To Make You Laugh  | Talking Baws

• Haha 3

Â