The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

How long has he got on his contract at city? He could come back on a free afterwards, having accomplished his personal goals.

3+ more years at 300k a week. We aint paying that and he would be a fool to walk away from that deal. We have a better player in Diaby anyway so why are we talking about a ManC bench player. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

3+ more years at 300k a week. We aint paying that and he would be a fool to walk away from that deal. We have a better player in Diaby anyway so why are we talking about a ManC bench player. 

IF we wanted him it would be a FREE transfer and for a much lower contract. He won't get that much in a contract again outside of Saudi Arabia. He may well want to join us at 31/32 years of age, for the last part of his career. Only if he's good enough for us though. It was just a musing thought, not a serious suggestion. Don't get your knickers in a twist, I'm not suggesting we replace Diaby.

13 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

IF we wanted him it would be a FREE transfer and for a much lower contract. He won't get that much in a contract again outside of Saudi Arabia. He may well want to join us at 31/32 years of age, for the last part of his career. Only if he's good enough for us though. It was just a musing thought, not a serious suggestion. Don't get your knickers in a twist, I'm not suggesting we replace Diaby.

This something I have thought about for a while.

If I were Jack and I was seeing what's happening at Villa right now, I'd be desperate to get back to Villa.

Our style of play as a wide midfielder no 10 would suit his game perfectly.

Jack has won every trophy possible at Citeh now, and as he said himself the only goal now is to win with England. But I'd say he probably would absolutely love to win things with Villa.

After the Euros next summer if Jack is a true Villa fan he'd be telling his team and Pep he wants to go back to Villa. And he'd be trying to talk to Emery to see if he wanted him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

This something I have thought about for a while.

If I were Jack and I was seeing what's happening at Villa right now, I'd be desperate to get back to Villa.

Our style of play as a wide midfielder no 10 would suit his game perfectly.

Jack has won every trophy possible at Citeh now, and as he said himself the only goal now is to win with England. But I'd say he probably would absolutely love to win things with Villa.

After the Euros next summer if Jack is a true Villa fan he'd be telling his team and Pep he wants to go back to Villa. And he'd be trying to talk to Emery to see if he wanted him.

I cant see emery wanting him at all

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I mean Grealish could orchestrate attacks all on his own while surrounded by a lot of dross.

Not going to get in the debate of who's better though, Diaby is very effective.

Very different players. Diaby is playing as a creative number nine, rather than a number 10, which is Jack's best role in my opinion.

Jack as the wide left as hardworking 10 would be perfect for him (he can also play wide right). His ball carrying is extremely effective coming from a deeper midfield position, and he has the vision and passing to find the ball to the two forwards. Him and Ramsey one left and the other right with Diaby through the middle would be nuts! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Move on from him FFS, he moved on from us years ago . We are going places we don't need that damn circuis. 

We have all moved on, but it doesn't mean he isn't a fantastic player that couldn't contribute to the current side. He is also a player that found his way into our hearts, and I'm not bitter about him leaving, I personally see him at Citeh and he looks out of place. He doesn't belong there. Villa is the only club he belongs at. So I'd love to see him back at Villa, but only if he is still good enough! 

We are doing great without him, and we will continue to do well I believe, it's just a shame he can't be part of it.

Getting back on topic, Diaby is quality. He is a tricky winger that has a good football brain, and a really stable mindset. Which isn't normal for wingers. Most wingers are flamboyant, instinctive, and require inspiration. He is the complete package.

41 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

We have all moved on, but it doesn't mean he isn't a fantastic player that couldn't contribute to the current side. He is also a player that found his way into our hearts, and I'm not bitter about him leaving, I personally see him at Citeh and he looks out of place. He doesn't belong there. Villa is the only club he belongs at. So I'd love to see him back at Villa, but only if he is still good enough! 

We are doing great without him, and we will continue to do well I believe, it's just a shame he can't be part of it.

Getting back on topic, Diaby is quality. He is a tricky winger that has a good football brain, and a really stable mindset. Which isn't normal for wingers. Most wingers are flamboyant, instinctive, and require inspiration. He is the complete package.

The problem is when grealish was here we played to his individual strengths that isnt the case now hnder emery. We are playing collectively as a team. This is emerys show not grealishes anymore. I dont see how he will fit into our plans now. It wont be the same for him or us.

I dont think there is much more ti say about him tbh. Diabys the main man now

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Depends on the price. He's twice the player Buendia is. Emery would love Jack.

He really wouldn’t it would be Emery’s worse nightmare, we would set ourselves back 5 years resigning that plank!

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Day by day history gets rewritten on VT more and more

I love Diaby but this is madness

2 different types of players, both match winners in their own right. 
Totally agree with your comment on the rewriting of history, I thought only females had selective memory👍

Â