The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, tinker said:

He looks half the player that left us, scared to play his real game. Another season and he's off is my guess but reckon by that time he's a £25-35m player. 

Crazy how such a creative player can become so.......crap. Don't think he will ever reach the type of influence he had for us in games again. Good for him, sad for football. 

Wasn't he a key part of last season't treble win? He was starting every single game for them after the World cup and scored at Arsenal which was a critical win at the time.

He's never going to have the influence on them that De Bruyne does.

Guess they won it all, he enjoyed it very much as is his personality and he's probably lost a bit of focus over the summer and Pep has picked up on that. I can't see him leaving them anytime soon though.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just saw a stat, since the start of last season Garnacho has more goals than Grealish, in over 2000 fewer minutes.

I know it’s not all about goals for Jack that is a worrying stat. Maybe why Pep is hinting his days at City are numbered.

He's only managed 11 assists and 8 goals in his entire time at City in the league. He got 10 assists and 6 goals for us in his final season alone, in which he only managed to play 26 games.

Different roles, but City dominate games and score for fun so the returns are poor. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wages will be the problem. Same with Philips. Plenty will be interested but not at £300k/w and Jack obviously won’t be agreeing to a multimillion pound pay cut.

Chelsea would sign him 100%. Him or Mydryk on the left, very easy choice if Chelsea actually want to achieve things like qualifying for europe again anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wasn't he a key part of last season't treble win? He was starting every single game for them after the World cup and scored at Arsenal which was a critical win at the time.

He's never going to have the influence on them that De Bruyne does.

Guess they won it all, he enjoyed it very much as is his personality and he's probably lost a bit of focus over the summer and Pep has picked up on that. I can't see him leaving them anytime soon though.

He was superb once they got rid of Cancelo and he had more room on the left to operate in.  I sense he has pissed off Pep since then.

• Like 1

The stat I saw was most chances created in last year's CL

That's what they bought him for, if they bought him for his goals then they're **** stupid because he's never been a goalscorer

The weird thing is his chances created stats at villa were always sky high along with his Xa but then with a relatively low number assists which lead to a fair few of us saying if he goes to a top table team his assists will go through the haven't and they just haven't... His chances created is still really high his Xa is still really high but his assists even with Haaland in front of him are bog standard

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

He's only managed 11 assists and 8 goals in his entire time at City in the league. He got 10 assists and 6 goals for us in his final season alone, in which he only managed to play 26 games.

Different roles, but City dominate games and score for fun so the returns are poor. 

And Jack has said multiple times he wants to contribute more goals and assists but hasn’t either 

Man, this thread is a wild ride these days!

I’d still take Grealish back if he wanted to come and fitted within our wage structure - but only if it was a loan with buy option deal. Not sure he’d have the motivation any more, or that he’d fit particularly well into an Emery team, but I’d be willing to give it a try.

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

Man, this thread is a wild ride these days!

I’d still take Grealish back if he wanted to come and fitted within our wage structure - but only if it was a loan with buy option deal. Not sure he’d have the motivation any more, or that he’d fit particularly well into an Emery team, but I’d be willing to give it a try.

Ramsey is developing very nicely in that hybrid CM drifting in from left role. Also far more of a scoring threat so as long as he's here they'll be no interest.

• Like 1

On 30/09/2023 at 10:04, Xela said:

That isn't the case though is it? 

We're just acknowledging he was an excellent player for us, and we're not going to rewrite history because we were disappointed/angry that he left. 

Alright fanboi. Calm down. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Ramsey is developing very nicely in that hybrid CM drifting in from left role. Also far more of a scoring threat so as long as he's here they'll be no interest.

I don’t think there’s much realistic prospect of him ever coming back, but I don’t think this particular issue would be a problem - this season has made obvious that we need to improve our squad depth, and competition for places is always good.

We’ve moved on, haven’t we? 

The Super Jack spell was broken and we went our separate ways. Jack sold his soul for the treble, fair enough, and in the next couple of seasons they may look to move him on. I can’t ever see him coming back here now and it wouldn’t be the same if he did. He was an elite player for us, a massive influence and we all loved him. The promotion season and first season back will be remembered fondly, but we’ve progressed beyond that and now have a team that’s coached to perfection and doesn’t need a talismanic maverick to save us every game. Which is just as well, because I don’t think Grealish has that in him any more. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We’ve moved on, haven’t we? 

The Super Jack spell was broken and we went our separate ways. Jack sold his soul for the treble, fair enough, and in the next couple of seasons they may look to move him on. I can’t ever see him coming back here now and it wouldn’t be the same if he did. He was an elite player for us, a massive influence and we all loved him. The promotion season and first season back will be remembered fondly, but we’ve progressed beyond that and now have a team that’s coached to perfection and doesn’t need a talismanic maverick to save us every game. Which is just as well, because I don’t think Grealish has that in him any more. 

Depends if Emery thinks he's a player who can fit in his system and make use of really doesn't it? 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Depends if Emery thinks he's a player who can fit in his system and make use of really doesn't it? 

I suppose I can allow Emery the decision, it’s not something I want him making a habit of though. It should really be up to me :)

• Haha 1

To be honest I think we could get better for cheaper these days. He was probably hoping we'd be bouncing around 12th-16th in the league for the next 8 years so he can come back completely washed up at about 35 "the legend returns" or some shite. But no room for sentimentality the deal was Man City will give the money and the trophies but no love and you'll be spat out in 5 years.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

To be honest I think we could get better for cheaper these days. He was probably hoping we'd be bouncing around 12th-16th in the league for the next 8 years so he can come back completely washed up at about 35 "the legend returns" or some shite. But no room for sentimentality the deal was Man City will give the money and the trophies but no love and you'll be spat out in 5 years.

Pretty sure his motormouth Dad was saying it was the plan.

Truth is he has declined since he left, he isn't the player he was and he isnt getting back to that level

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think this is probably true. Although I don't expect him to still be playing at age 35. He is 28 now, so I would expect given his party lifestyle and drinking levels he probably has around 4 years left. The only way I would expect him to still be a professional footballer at 35 is if Chelsea sign him on one of their 8 year deals!

I can't see Unai wanting him at Villa given all the baggage that would come with him (off-field antics)

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Wages will be the problem. Same with Philips. Plenty will be interested but not at £300k/w and Jack obviously won’t be agreeing to a multimillion pound pay cut.

They won't. It is City - if they want rid of him, some completely unrelated company will make a generous donation to a bank account in the Cayman islands for him in return for him turning up to a child's birthday party or something. 

I would expect him to be sold to Newcastle or Chelsea in the next year or so. Can't see the likes of Arsenal, Man U or Liverpool being interested.

I do wonder whether his form might drop off spectacularly from now given he’s basically won everything. He played like a man possessed for about 4 years because he was so highly motivated to get to the very top. But it wouldn’t surprise me if he slipped back to his more sporadic form from now given there’s nothing left to prove 

• Like 1

Â