The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

18 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

We can't really complain from a football standpoint, it's what he did for us week after week.  I think his willingness to do it against us though kills any lasting belief that he is or was ever 'one of us' though.

He's nowhere near as big a Villa fan as he makes out.

He's far more interested in brown nosing the big names/celebs than showing respect for his former club. His desperation to be liked by these people is extreme, and cringe.

• Like 1

I don't think he manufactured the contact. He's clearly clipped by JJ. 

I do think he could have stayed on his feet afterwards though, which I guess is the disappointing bit. I don't think the clip has really tripped him up, although it's hard to tell from slow motion replays.

I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be, but yeah it's slightly disappointing that he's gone down so easily against us. But that's his game, we shouldn't really be surprised.

27 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Anyway my main annoyance is that dirty Leeds and Small Heath fans will be laughing their tits off at our reactions.

Yeah, he's really shat on all the years we spent defending him right there.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rjw63 said:

So Gresford "manufactures contact"

I think it was a dive. But not because of this. Manufacturing contact isn't cheating, or against the rules. He did it several times a week for us and we loved it.

It's what comes after that that makes it a dive, imo

We were mad about Pogba Vs Douglas Luiz (and so was Dougie), but in hindsight it shows the natural movement of someone who trips themselves up due to prior slight contact (that they initiated, unwittingly in this case). 

He's still trying to get to the ball after his heels clip but loses his footing. Meanwhile Jack is already on his way onto the floor as soon as he feels the contact from JJ. There's also way too much upper body theatrics. A slight tap on your calf is not making you do this, I'm sorry

IMG_20230214_063012.jpg.05da9b10651c4ab2c78fb7f7d2d8ab3c.jpg

• Like 1

Grealish intentionally brings his leg across JJ to make contact. It’s that simple. It wouldn’t happen otherwise. 

Jack “my club” Grealish diving in the most pathetic way when they are two up instead of carrying on is most telling. Nothing about how he falls is from natural contact. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We were mad about Pogba Vs Douglas Luiz (and so was Dougie), but in hindsight it shows the natural movement of someone who trips themselves up due to prior slight contact (that they initiated, unwittingly in this case). 

He's still trying to get to the ball after his heels clip but loses his footing. Meanwhile Jack is already on his way onto the floor as soon as he feels the contact from JJ. There's also way too much upper body theatrics. A slight tap on your calf is not making you do this, I'm sorry

IMG_20230214_063012.jpg.05da9b10651c4ab2c78fb7f7d2d8ab3c.jpg

Yeah, if you watch the video the way he goes down isn't like a tangle of legs, it's like he's been shot by a sniper in the stands. It's cheating, for me. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think he manufactured the contact. He's clearly clipped by JJ. 

I do think he could have stayed on his feet afterwards though, which I guess is the disappointing bit. I don't think the clip has really tripped him up, although it's hard to tell from slow motion replays.

I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be, but yeah it's slightly disappointing that he's gone down so easily against us. But that's his game, we shouldn't really be surprised.

It's this that bothers me, too, and the histrionics of pleading for a pen. **** that. It's just self-pitying theatre. People say it's "modern football," but modern footballers aren't all arsewipes, either. Some are, some aren't. I think we know which Grealish is.  It's just disrespectful to Villa.

The whole "is he a real Villa fan or not?" debate doesn't interest me much. These footballers have short careers. They will follow the money if they know what's best for themselves and their families, and I'd never hold that against one. But he didn't need to go begging for pen against Villa.     

• Like 3

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

It's this that bothers me, too, and the histrionics of pleading for a pen. **** that. It's just self-pitying theatre. People say it's "modern football," but modern footballers aren't all arsewipes, either. Some are, some aren't. I think we know which Grealish is.  It's just disrespectful to Villa.

The whole "is he a real Villa fan or not?" debate doesn't interest me much. These footballers have short careers. They will follow the money if they know what's best for themselves and their families, and I'd never hold that against one. But he didn't need to go begging for pen against Villa.     

Appealing for a pen wouldn't bother me if it was a real foul. That's the game.

But when you've dived to get it it's a bit irritating

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He's one of those fake fans and always has been.

I remember they did some official club twitter content thing with him, a Villa trivia type thing. He didnt even know the year Villa were founded amongst a lot of other wrong answers iirc. I dont think he ever treated the club with any respect, always been in it for himself, we were just the platform for him. Any Villa fan knows what this club is and how far short its fallen from its true placing and potential in the game. It needs a determined group to all stick with it together to drag it back there, and he couldnt wait to get out rather than see it through when we were on the right path. He made us feel like Notts County the way he was going on when he moved.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I remember they did some official club twitter content thing with him, a Villa trivia type thing. He didnt even know the year Villa were founded amongst a lot of other wrong answers iirc. I dont think he ever treated the club with any respect, always been in it for himself, we were just the platform for him. Any Villa fan knows what this club is and how far short its fallen from its true placing and potential in the game. It needs a determined group to all stick with it together to drag it back there, and he couldnt wait to get out rather than see it through when we were on the right path. He made us feel like Notts County the way he was going on when he moved.

To be fair, we might as well be Notts County compared to those cheating Mancs. The gulf between us is gigantic. We've taken 1 point out of a possible 24 against them since coming back up and scored just 7 goals. You would think there were a few divisions between us on these showings.

Just seen the all black boots, usually means they're about to change boot deal so had a Google and it looks like he's about to sign the highest boot deal ever for an English player, should be over £4m a year

Crazy, £75k a week for his boots, he'd be a good earner at the villa on that wage

Edited by villa4europe
  • Shocked 1

Â