The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Guardiola doesn’t trust Grealish in the big matches

Its bizarre and ridiculous that he signed him in the first place as he was clearly not a Gaurdiola player

Must be frustrating sitting on the bench while others earn your medals although I Don’t feel sorry for Grealish - reaping what he sows. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Jack hasn't done enough to justify starting in big games yet. He has the talent but hasn't worked out how best to work in pep ball 

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Jack hasn't done enough to justify starting in big games yet. He has the talent but hasn't worked out how best to work in pep ball 

As I said he’s not a Guardiola type player and was never going to be a real success in such a tightly defined role

• Like 1

He’s got a lot out of other players that aren’t ‘Guardiola’ players. It’s just the current City style doesn’t suit Jack standing out. He has the attributes to do a job for the side but not be his best the way he’s currently used.

Edited by a m ole

22 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

As I said he’s not a Guardiola type player and was never going to be a real success in such a tightly defined role

Not sure I agree, you don’t spend 100m on a player that you don’t fancy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Not sure I agree, you don’t spend 100m on a player that you don’t fancy.

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think Grealish is the player Gaurdiola thought he was. Personally I thought it wouldn’t work when it happened. 

You could see Grealish at Arsenal, spurs, United, even Liverpool but City’s system is too restrictive for a player of his type.

i think Grealish will be pushed out of the England side by this too

5 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think Grealish is the player Gaurdiola thought he was. Personally I thought it wouldn’t work when it happened. 

You could see Grealish at Arsenal, spurs, United, even Liverpool but City’s system is too restrictive for a player of his type.

i think Grealish will be pushed out of the England side by this too

I agree that his cog in the machine role at city means he doesn’t look anywhere near his 100m price tag, he probably would have flourished more at a United or Spurs team but when your free role is taken by the likes of Foden. KDB, Bernardo he’s just not going to get the chance to shine in the way he did at Villa.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

A 100m player should be able to fit into any team and system, and I think Jack will in time.

I dunno, I don't think you buy a £100m left winger and play him as a 9

Some of the things pep says about him and how he plays him is like he'd never seen him before 

• Like 1

As much as I wish Grealish hadn’t gone there, you only have to look at Mahrez, Cancelo, Ake, Stones, etc tonight to see that Guardiola is happy to take his time introducing a new signing, leaving him on the bench for a while, and then bringing them back in when he feels they’ve grown into his system.

I think there’s still a big chance that Grealish is a key player for them next season or the season after. They just have so much squad depth that they don’t need to worry about expensive stars being out of the starting lineup.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Got to say, I enjoyed Grealish going up to Savic in his vest to let him know he's a word removed. Doing bits off the bench

What a dick. Doesn't he know Jack's been slapped by a Lulu. Once you've faced that kind of firepower a bit of hair pulling just isn't going to wash, even if it's not from behind. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, VillaCas said:

Its bizarre and ridiculous that he signed him in the first place as he was clearly not a Gaurdiola player

Must be frustrating sitting on the bench while others earn your medals although I Don’t feel sorry for Grealish - reaping what he sows. 

But belonging to that club he becomes a ”proven winner”, which apparently is important. He will know what it’s like to receive a medal.

Â