The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

One year into a 5 year deal

2 weeks before the season starts

Not many additions in prior to knowing he’d be sold

None of it make sense

My only worry was if there was a release clause and we had no power. If thats not the case then I cant see us selling, even if he wants the move. He’s the owners favourite who they are building the club and the side around. He’s just blown up commercially too. Just cant see it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

I'm not saying he will..I'm saying he could if he wishes to leave. The 5 year contract means nothing. I am.just stating the player has all the power, this surely cannot be new info.

I hope he stays but at the end of it all if he wants to go he will..thats it 

It isn't new info, but it is a tired old trope.

He doesn't have all the power. We do. There have been very few players who have "downed tools" if they weren't allowed to leave and every one of them that has, has then been seen as a troublemaker. There are a few that have threatened it to get a move, and it would appear in most cases the selling club decided to get rid of the troublemaker.

I cannot for the life of me see Jack doing that to Villa - he could, yes, he could also marry his sister, strip naked, paint himself blue, and through the Bull Ring shouting "Birmingham City Forever". I cannot see him doing that either. 

The 5 year contract does mean something. It means we DO hold all the cards - unless there is a release clause, which there would seem not to be. This is not just a job for Jack as it would be for most other players.

The way I see it, it’s like getting a house valued, you let people tell you what they think it’s worth just to see how much your asset is worth… 

Doesnt mean you are going to sell your house, just means you know how much equity you may have. 

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Totally embarrassing isn't it, i maintain what i said yesterday if Sammy Lee called Ashley Preece and he was sending the same articles re Ward Prowse they would all be lapping it up but as they dont want to hear it they turn into Children

Fans beg for transfer info and when its shared they all call BS 

Bizarre

There is a big difference between transfer info and made up clickbait shit and saddo wannabe ITK's desperate for attention on Twitter.

Frankly if Sammy Lee said it was raining outside, and I went outside and checked, and it was raining, I still wouldn't believe him - his stock is that low.

• Haha 1

Well let's hope this saga does not drag into the last day of the window! The club hold all the aces. City will come in with a low ball offer, club need to say you want him then, let's say 180m, and you have a 24 hour deadline. If you can't meet it jog on he is not for sale.

Jack then signs a new contact and Villa talk will be all like

spacer.png 

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

One year into a 5 year deal

2 weeks before the season starts

Not many additions in prior to knowing he’d be sold

None of it make sense

My only worry was if there was a release clause and we had no power. If thats not the case then I cant see us selling, even if he wants the move. He’s the owners favourite who they are building the club and the side around. He’s just blown up commercially too. Just cant see it.

This is my take, the owners have a project and they will want their main main ala Giannis for the Bucks.....they are minted and the club is in a good financial position and Grealish in my opinion wont force a move and has a long term contract

BUT this 100m number keeps getting chucked about and so I wonder if that is the clause thats in the contract and thats why this wont go away

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

There is a big difference between transfer info and made up clickbait shit and saddo wannabe ITK's desperate for attention on Twitter.

Frankly if Sammy Lee said it was raining outside, and I went outside and checked, and it was raining, I still wouldn't believe him - his stock is that low.

But I maintain what I say, plenty would be lapping it up if it was positive towards Villa, fans are desperate for transfer news - Its the sky jim white yellow tie brigade that have taken it to a new level of hype

The only Villa man to listen to is Percy

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Getting loads of stick from the plastic gooners in the office now that ‘Jack has been sold because Sky say so!’

Tell them that Arsenal are a half arsed club who used to be famous 

If he goes it will be for an amazing amount of money. however, we don’t need it and don’t need to sell him - Man Citeh will have to meet our valuation if they want to sign him.

Sadly this will rumble on into next week at least, with no one the wiser until it’s officially finalised. 

if there were a release clause - this would’ve been resolved as soon as the Euros were over. 

Just now, Eastie said:

Tell them that Arsenal are a half arsed club who used to be famous 

They’re too deluded to notice the last 10yrs of rotting decline and seriously think they’re top 4 material 

there is no discussion with them - they are always right 🤣

Tell you what, if Grealish does go, Twitter will be absolutely toxic. I think there will be a fair few who'll give Grealish all kinds of abuse on social media. If this is how it is and it's just speculation, I do fear for the player if he does leave.

Just now, theboyangel said:

If he goes it will be for an amazing amount of money. however, we don’t need it and don’t need to sell him - Man Citeh will have to meet our valuation if they want to sign him.

Sadly this will rumble on into next week at least, with no one the wiser until it’s officially finalised. 

if there were a release clause - this would’ve been resolved as soon as the Euros were over. 

If there were a clause it would be resolved Only if city paid it , maybe they think they can knock down the price .

with no release clause I don’t see why villa don’t make it clear Jack is not for sale end of story .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Yep embarrassing all around not just from Villa fans 

Have to agree - Twitter has brought football fans to such a low level, desperate for information and believing any morsel offering insight.

The contact between fan bases has gone beyond light hearted banter into generating petty rivalries - the only winners are the shitehawk media who lap this up and regurgitate it over and over again.

im becoming disillusioned with the whole thing to be fair 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, supermon said:

Tell you what, if Grealish does go, Twitter will be absolutely toxic. I think there will be a fair few who'll give Grealish all kinds of abuse on social media. If this is how it is and it's just speculation, I do fear for the player if he does leave.

Unfortunately I tend to agree.He will get the 'traitor' **** 'turncoat' calls etc and those would be the nice ones.

At the end of the day very simple for me:If he stays awesome.If he goes will be a big loss obviously but we move on.

• Like 1

Â