The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

We have no power. If he wants to go he can just refuse to play to force it through.

He won’t do that. It would be awful PR and he loves football way too much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Blue moon fairies think there getting Kane and Grealish, I very much doubt that'll happen.

Not unless they sell about 5 players that there's no market for 

They'll do well to raise £80m in player sales this summer, no one is buying sterling for example 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

No chance. We hold all the cards. He only goes if we want him to. If NSWE are true to their word then Jack stays. City do not pay the transfer fees necessary to sign him.

No we do not. Surely you know by now the player has all the power. He will just refuse to play if it comes down to it. And spare me the he loves the club line. Ultimately it's just a job to him, and a business decision. Whichever option he chooses 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Yeah it's strange. This is the main reason why I think there is some type of release clause, without it, I'd doubt there would even be a discussion on it. 

The only other thing that may factor into the equation is the shin injury.  There may come a point where there is a cold-blooded decision to make that he does have a value where it's worth considering letting him go if we don't think he will play 30 plus games.  City might feel they can manage his workload more and Jack might think now is the time to maximise what he can get from football.

I still think he will sign a new contract with us when he is back from holiday though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

How many footballers actually do this? Very few. Look at Zaha. 

Benteke before he came to us comes to mind. But yeah, just like Zaha I don't think Jack would ever do that. 

If city trigger release clause I it exists resulting in villa owners hands being tied to reject can we demand full amount upfront I for one want it all if we lose our star player.

Installments I know is the norm but it will hold us back imo.

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I suppose you’re right, maybe it’s an accumulation for me. Fool me once, etc etc. 

I will hold it against him, 10 months after signing a 5 year deal. But I’m sure he doesn’t care nor will he ever know, so I won’t prattle on about it. 

Yeah I just don't think Jack would do that to Villa. Why would he U turn on his belief in a project after such a short time? I'm not saying it's not possible but doesnt add up for me and he doesn't seem that kind of guy so will simply trust that Jack will lead us to even more success this season!

I may well have my head in the sand whilst wearing rose tinted glasses but it's what I'm going with. If I'm wrong then will definitely feel a little aggrieved despite the decent money we'll no doubt get (although probably not enough in my book!) 

Just now, Pissflaps said:

No we do not. Surely you know by now the player has all the power. He will just refuse to play if it comes down to it. And spare me the he loves the club line. Ultimately it's just a job to him, and a business decision. Whichever option he chooses 

Sorry that's nonsense, at no stage has he shown to be like that.  I hate this narrative the most about all this discussion, it proper winds me up.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Pissflaps said:

Don't be so naive. Remind me as an example how long did benteke have on his contract before going on strike to force a deal to sign for us.

Not even remotely comparable scenarios 

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Not a chance 

England qualifiers in the autumn

And like I said I think the big thing with a man City move would be the jump in the jack grealish brand, no way would he risk chucking that in the bin in order to get the move 

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Sorry that's nonsense, at no stage has he shown to be like that.  I hate this narrative the most about all this discussion, it proper winds me up.

I guess we will get the answer to this soon enough. I just don't see any footballer having loyalty anymore. 

To clarify I hope you are right and I am wromy by the way.

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

He won't go, city are in for a surprise.

I think He will if city pay £100m sadly  Which I’m sure city have known for a while 

Edited by Eastie

Â